TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

After listening to David Gillespie on the radio this morning, (104.5 The Zone) he explained everything going on with the governor and it makes sense.  I feel more confident that there will be football in some sort this fall.  

Insert the pessimistic view and “go”!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

After listening to David Gillespie on the radio this morning, (104.5 The Zone) he explained everything going on with the governor and it makes sense.  I feel more confident that there will be football in some sort this fall.  

Insert the pessimistic view and “go”!  

what were some of the major highlights of what was said??  I'll try an be negative in my next post :D

• Like 1

It’s a crying shame high school and college football are in panic mode! Especially so prematurely. The stats are the stats and the facts are the facts. Death rate is plummeting greatly and our young kids and young adults have a better chance to be killed in a car accident, a lightning strike, or an alcohol/drug-related accident than this virus. The fear and panic and lack of common sense or logic is maddening!! Play ball and stop living in fear.

Edited by sportsguy22

16 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

what were some of the major highlights of what was said??  I'll try an be negative in my next post :D

He said the governor’s team requested that the TSSAA hold off on any decision to see if the numbers would dictate them lifting the ban on no contact.  The TSSAA complied knowing they have a short window before they have to make a decision.  If the governor’s team could not address the issue in a non specific timeframe, was not given, then they would have to make a decision based on facts at hand.  He said all want a full season if they can get it.  Basically this week would be conditioning and next week would be shells anyway so I take it as around 2 weeks.  He also addressed virtual schooling and if kids would be allowed to play.  He said yes as long as they use their schools system, if they use a different schools system they would be considered a transfer student and be subject to those rules.  

10 hours ago, Djohnson said:

Not looking good for college football. 

Does conference only schedule not count? I’m sure you are rooting for a full cancellation so you can have your panic and fear party to celebrate all the pessimism and negativity. Sounds like a great life with zero optimism or positivity.

18 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

It’s a crying shame high school and college football are in panic mode! Especially so prematurely. The stats are the stats and the facts are the facts. Death rate is plummeting greatly and our young kids and young adults have a better chance to be killed in a car accident, a lightning strike, or an alcohol/drug-related accident than this virus. The fear and panic and lack of common sense or logic is maddening!! Play ball and stop living in fear.

Spot on!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

He said the governor’s team requested that the TSSAA hold off on any decision to see if the numbers would dictate them lifting the ban on no contact.  The TSSAA complied knowing they have a short window before they have to make a decision.  If the governor’s team could not address the issue in a non specific timeframe, was not given, then they would have to make a decision based on facts at hand.  He said all want a full season if they can get it.  Basically this week would be conditioning and next week would be shells anyway so I take it as around 2 weeks.  He also addressed virtual schooling and if kids would be allowed to play.  He said yes as long as they use their schools system, if they use a different schools system they would be considered a transfer student and be subject to those rules.  

I have communicated with Matthew this summer and he seems to be the glue of that bunch from what the 101.5 guys say any way. I would hope that the TSSAA had had previous contact with the governor since we have been in an Executive Order since spring and been in a no contact order all spring and from the reaction of “we were shocked” don’t sound like they were.  And that has not done us any favors since basketball is full blast in other states and football seems to be on schedule as well. We don’t need a passive bunch or we will be in trouble. Need an association that are leaders and reassure government that “we got this” as far as giving out guidelines for coaches and AD’s and working with schools moving forward to be able to play. Some times you got to get your hands dirty to make money. It ain’t always just holding your hands out.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I have communicated with Matthew this summer and he seems to be the glue of that bunch from what the 101.5 guys say any way. I would hope that the TSSAA had had previous contact with the governor since we have been in an Executive Order since spring and been in a no contact order all spring and from the reaction of “we were shocked” don’t sound like they were.  And that has not done us any favors since basketball is full blast in other states and football seems to be on schedule as well. We don’t need a passive bunch or we will be in trouble. Need an association that are leaders and reassure government that “we got this” as far as giving out guidelines for coaches and AD’s and working with schools moving forward to be able to play. Some times you got to get your hands dirty to make money. It ain’t always just holding your hands out.

Matt is the only one in that building who has a lick of good sense. It's a realm shame he is not the Executive Director,  IMO. 

• CoachT locked this topic