TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

3 minutes ago, fredjones said:

According to just went up on TSSAA.org, we are NOT playing football on August 21st.

Nothing new here...nothing has been officially decided as of yet. In coordination with the Governor's office, the TSSAA has not made a final decision and will likely need to make it by next week if the season is going to start on time. They are waiting as late as possible to decide whether to shorten the season. The Governor can still give them an exemption to start contact too. We will all have to wait and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Nothing new here...nothing has been officially decided as of yet. In coordination with the Governor's office, the TSSAA has not made a final decision and will likely need to make it by next week if the season is going to start on time. They are waiting as late as possible to decide whether to shorten the season. The Governor can still give them an exemption to start contact too. We will all have to wait and see what happens.

It’s not going to start on time. Let’s just hope we can play some football even if it would be for a week or two.

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

HS sports aren't going to be granted an exemption.  It's a pipe dream.  Pros and college have resources that HS don't that make that possible. 

2 minutes ago, guthook said:

HS sports aren't going to be granted an exemption.  It's a pipe dream.  Pros and college have resources that HS don't that make that possible. 

Resources for what?? High schools have no need to test everyone in their sports programs. None. They operate differently and kids are the least likely to have any issues whatsoever.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Resources for what?? High schools have no need to test everyone in their sports programs. None. They operate differently and kids are the least likely to have any issues whatsoever.

How do you figure that things would be so different between HS and college?  I'm not sure I understand.

22 minutes ago, guthook said:

You want more validity?

2 hours ago, guthook said:

If the numbers were bogus, the president would raise heck.  I cannot stress this enough.  Instead, he hasn't made a peep.  He's even started wearing a mask.

You've raised the point several times that the numbers have to be correct because the President hasn't publicly questioned them. Is this an actual belief or just something you keep typing to deflect?

Last Friday the FDA sent out a memo that the tests from one of the major testing companies have at least a 3% false positive rate. Elon Musk has said it's up to 50% inaccurate and Limbaugh has spent much of today's show disputing the data. So the tweet you keep longing for may be coming soon. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

You've raised the point several times that the numbers have to be correct because the President hasn't publicly questioned them. Is this an actual belief or just something you keep typing to deflect?

Last Friday the FDA sent out a memo that the tests from one of the major testing companies have at least a 3% false positive rate. Elon Musk has said it's up to 50% inaccurate and Limbaugh has spent much of today's show disputing the data. So the tweet you keep longing for may be coming soon. 

Limbaugh and Musk.  I actually think the president has to dispute the numbers to have a chance at reelection.  I think he has to attempt to  invalidate 137000+ deaths to have a chance.  Im almost certain he will.  But he'll do it to try to get that 2nd term.  He responded to the SCOTUS rulings within minutes, and you think that he's waited 5 months to question that validity of case counts and deaths?  At least we know he has your vote.

2 minutes ago, guthook said:

How do you figure that things would be so different between HS and college?  I'm not sure I understand.

High school kids live at home away from their teammates first off. College kids are basically in a bubble with their teammates. High school teams travel on the same day to games while colleges typically leave the day before games and stay in hotels. The travel is much less risky, if that's even a concern. Finally, kids between 15 and 18 are in a category that is not even worth mentioning as it relates to this virus. They are either asymptomatic or show very few symptoms. They will be fine. The flu is much worse for high school kids. There is zero need to test an entire athletic program in a high school.

• CoachT locked this topic