TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

17 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

LOL you mean speaking The Truth, The Actual The Truth. No Hate is destroying a man’s reputation because he isn’t helping Trump get re-elected. Which is not Dr Fauci’s job.

Where were you with the truth when Obama was president and the Hillary classified emails were discovered on her personal email address?! And the Benghazi debacle?! Truth. It’s all about the truth!

14 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Where were you with the truth when Obama was president and the Hillary classified emails were discovered on her personal email address?! And the Benghazi debacle?! Truth. It’s all about the truth!

so does Ivanka and Jared

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/cummings-jared-kushner-and-ivanka-trumps-private-emails-texts-raise-security-concerns

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/us/politics/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-private-emails.html

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, osunut2 said:

We've all gone back and forth on this for 52 pages (maybe 53 by the time I'm finished typing), and I understand that we've all dug our heels in, for the most part. But I still can't understand why some folks still have their heads in the sand. It's one thing to argue what 22 has argued; he said it himself - he's doing just about everything aside from wearing a mask to keep himself out of harms way, while trying to live his life. He and I will agree to disagree on some aspects of that, but I understand his tact, and I appreciate the fact that there is actual "tact" involved in his decision making.

But to say that "Americans acting like Americans" isn't a problem is exactly the problem. Pretending like there isn't an issue where there is an obvious issue is exactly the problem. I get that we're all tired and frustrated, but our collective callous attitude about this whole mess is exactly why we are still in this mess. My politics shouldn't matter, but apparently they do to some on this board; I'm a right-leaning moderate in a family full of doctors and other medical professionals, and it is a crying shame that the entire medical community can present a mountain of evidence to the masses explaining why we should be handling this entire situation with kid gloves (while still trying to resume some kind of normal), and yet a large percentage of the population just casts it off completely as some sort of political conspiracy or "fake news." We can certainly debate how that medical advice is "all over the board" or "constantly changing," and we can even debate "common sense" all we want, but to say that this is all part of some giant conspiracy and that we shouldn't adjust our behavior to some degree is just willful ignorance, which is sad. I'm pleading with everyone - stop making this about politics and acknowledge that this is a real (not manufactured) health crisis. Visceral defiance just fans the flames of this political inferno.

I'm not saying that we should cancel the football season, and I'm not saying that I want the season to be cancelled. I think we all agree that a year without football would absolutely suck. Sports have always been my outlet to escape the real world, and my life in recent months has been a blur without that outlet. But if we have the opportunity to slow (or potentially stop) a preventable virus from impacting/ravaging our society, shouldn't we collectively be interested in doing our part to protect one another? I'm not asking us to put our lives completely on hold and not resume some kind of normal. Life is about risk management, to a certain degree. I just think that we should all acknowledge what we are trying to combat and try to think beyond ourselves for once.

Sorry for the TLDR soapbox moment, Trader. I wish I had enough confidence in my fellow man to share your sentiment, but I don't. I'm hoping that others will prove me wrong! Let's try to be smart, patient, kind, and considerate in these difficult times.

Not going to rebut anything you said... just a little background on myself in case (as it seems) that you think I'm a reckless, "devil may care" individual who thinks only of himself, and has no clue about CV-19. Three sisters and one daughter in the medical profession too, and nine members of my immediate family on the backside of CV-19. One sister (47) with a pretty severe immune deficiency was in bed for two days with aches and flulike symptoms, three 45-55 age adults with symptoms ranging from fever and body aches, to upset stomach, two teens with zero symptoms, and three 8-12 year old's... one had a low grade fever one afternoon and the other two with zero symptoms.

I use my best judgement for masking up... I have worn one on several occasions in order not to intrude into others' comfort zones, in the grocery, at Sam's, at Lowe's, at my grandson's baptism (large church), and to a board meeting. I frequently go to local stores in my community without a mask, and you'll hardly see anyone around here wearing one. I maintain a respectful distance, and generally am a "keep to myself" person, virus or not.

Just to be straight... I'm not a radical on either side of the aisle on this, medically or politically. The virus is real, is dangerous to the random "healthy" person, and obviously the "high risk" category. I am perhaps more careful because of my eighty year old mom... I'm determined not to be the reason she deals with this, but the realist in me says that we will all do so at some point, and I will not exile myself in a cave in order to "live" with no expiration date for the virus. I'm in God's hand, and he will do as he has had planned for me since my birth.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

That was designed to do one thing, destroy Hilary Clinton and it worked. Just like Ukraine was designed to destroy Joe Biden. Luckily to brave American stood up and spoke out. Oh BTW Republicans tried to destroy that person as well. See a pattern here. Of course you will tell me all about Hunter Biden. Funny thing is Jared and Ivanka are running the country while Trump watches FoxNews all day, promotes hate and incites racial tensions all on twitter.

4 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

That was designed to do one thing, destroy Hilary Clinton and it worked. Just like Ukraine was designed to destroy Joe Biden. Luckily to brave American stood up and spoke out. Oh BTW Republicans tried to destroy that person as well. See a pattern here. Of course you will tell me all about Hunter Biden. Funny thing is Jared and Ivanka are running the country while Trump watches FoxNews all day, promotes hate and incites racial tensions all on twitter.

Good grief. Enough of the nonsense. Being a hate-filled biased political hack eliminates you from this rational conversation. If you say Hillary and Biden are innocent and faultless, we are done with the nonsense.

3 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I've seen the exact opposite. Many experts think cases are way over-reported and many of the deaths that are attributed to the virus are not necessarily a result of the virus, but are from many other health problems.

3 hours ago, guthook said:

Honestly haven't seen that. Can you share a link?

I don't have a link, I have one first hand example. A dear friend of mine and his wife were involved in a tragic auto accident two weeks ago... she passed away four days later, after her family refused any treatment and testing other than keeping her comfortable. She was in her mid seventies and in the latter stages of Parkinson's Disease. He was in his late seventies, but relatively healthy... tested negative on day two before staff would allow his son to be with him in ICU. He never regained consciousness after surgery, but lived long enough to test positive for CV-19 the day before he passed away. 

12 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Good grief. Enough of the nonsense. Being a hate-filled biased political hack eliminates you from this rational conversation. If you say Hillary and Biden are innocent and faultless, we are done with the nonsense.

What Joe Biden Do? Repeat it for me. Oh wait the only thing Biden has done is be Donald Trump political enemy. Which to brings me to the point that you apparently refuse to get. Trump destroys his enemies, beating them them isn’t enough he must destroy them. And that is why he got impeached. Because of his obsession with Destroying His Enemies. Could you imagine if Obama got Hilary out of jail time with pardon or he commuted her sentence. Paul Ryan would have impeached Obama. But Trump can get friends out of jail with zero recourse and that is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

What Joe Biden Do? Repeat it for me. Oh wait the only thing Biden has done is be Donald Trump political enemy. Which to brings me to the point that you apparently refuse to get. Trump destroys his enemies, beating them them isn’t enough he must destroy them. And that is why he got impeached. Because of his obsession with Destroying His Enemies. Could you imagine if Obama got Hilary out of jail time with pardon or he commuted her sentence. Paul Ryan would have impeached Obama. But Trump can get friends out of jail with zero recourse and that is wrong. 

Put the cork in the bottle. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Put the cork in the bottle. 

LOL is that the best insult you’ve got. Oh wait you can’t cuss on The T. It’s a lot easier on Instagram and Twitter to fight with you idiots who think Trump is god. 

• CoachT locked this topic