Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

The matchup we all want to see is SS vs UPPERMAN. Let’s all stay healthy and maybe just maybe it will happen. Westview will have a say in that though. They will be a tough out as always. 

Amen! I hope we can see #1 & #2 in state play each other healthy for the ship on March 6th 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Amen! I hope we can see #1 & #2 in state play each other healthy for the ship on March 6th 

I think South Side and Gibson County will be very much alike in their post season goals. First and foremost both teams must 1) protect the basketball because we both have pressure defenses and if we can win the TO war we likely win because we got two bigs that can score a ton and 2) stay out of foul trouble because we want  our best girls on the floor. Easier said than done sometimes especially in the Glass House and 3) lets de some folks up and create chaos. Our ole saying is you hold them under 50 you win lots of basketball games. Main goal for both, IMO is to protect the basketball.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 1:08 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea i mean it is what it is I guess. I have seen Gibson County play some of the toughest AA & AAA teams around! They aren’t scared of a challenge! Everybody knows how they schedule is it’s no secret, I did see where HC was on their Christmas tournament. But they went away not sure of what happened but they was out the tournament. It will be a tough stretch for them this week, especially if Jade isn’t back. Dyersburg has gotten hot & South Gibson had them on the ropes. I hope & pray Jada is cleared this week and stays healthy. 

Jada played Friday night on what looked like minute restriction, so she's already back

On 2/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, UCSportsFan said:

The matchup we all want to see is SS vs UPPERMAN. Let’s all stay healthy and maybe just maybe it will happen. Westview will have a say in that though. They will be a tough out as always. 

So will Macon, you might be the only one that wants to see that game.

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Macon, Upperman, South Side and Westview will all be tough outs.

I'm still not sold on Westview-- not saying they are an easy out, but not sold on the as a favorite. They aren't as good or athletic as they were last year. They need a number of great games from Harrison to make a deep run. Based on what I've heard about the other three teams, though, I'd agree. 

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

I'm still not sold on Westview-- not saying they are an easy out, but not sold on the as a favorite. They aren't as good or athletic as they were last year. They need a number of great games from Harrison to make a deep run. Based on what I've heard about the other three teams, though, I'd agree. 

I will say this. She is a big time D-1 PG and Westview has been really good at dictating the pace of the game in Murfreesboro the last few years. I said they will be tough outs. Macon County beat them what 35-32 in a semi game in 2018. A D-1 PG at the HS level is a big asset to have. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I will say this. She is a big time D-1 PG and Westview is has been really good at dictating the pace of the game in Murfreesboro the last few years. I said they will be tough outs. Macon County beat them what 35-32 in a semi game in 2018. A D-1 PG at the HS level is a big asset to have. 

No doubt, I just don't think the supporting cast is a good as it has been the last few years. Having someone of that caliber is what keeps them up at that level, and they are well coached, but I think the other three are playing at a higher level, right now. When you get to the Boro, you really start to see depth become more of a factor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

No doubt, I just don't think the supporting cast is a good as it has been the last few years. Having someone of that caliber is what keeps them up at that level, and they are well coached, but I think the other three are playing at a higher level, right now. When you get to the Boro, you really start to see depth become more of a factor. 

I agree they have lost some talent especially in Yancy and Callins. We will see how it all works out. I haven’t seen them play this year. I seen some of their girls in Fall League earlier.