Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

20 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview handled McNairy with ease. It was never close. What’s predictions on next round?

Chester Co at Westview

South Gibson at South Side

Will it end up being the matchup everyone wants to see Wednesday night with Westview vs South Side or will there be an upset Monday night?

Chester County playing good ball but I got Westview by 12 and I got South Side big 20 plus over South Gibson. South Gibson with a good year but South Side pressure is too much. 

26 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview handled McNairy with ease. It was never close. What’s predictions on next round?

Chester Co at Westview

South Gibson at South Side

Will it end up being the matchup everyone wants to see Wednesday night with Westview vs South Side or will there be an upset Monday night?

I will say Chester County will make it a game. I will say Westview pulls it out 52-45.

i have South Side winning big 72-54! 

it will finally be the match up that everybody wants in the 7AA region championship! I have South Side winning in a close 1 47-40! 

14 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I will say Chester County will make it a game. I will say Westview pulls it out 52-45.

i have South Side winning big 72-54! 

it will finally be the match up that everybody wants in the 7AA region championship! I have South Side winning in a close 1 47-40! 

I believe westview has the edge.  Players with experience and no knock on SS McNeil but Haskins is better 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:25 AM, SportsWestTN said:

Now that the Region 7-AA tournament field is set:

#4 McNairy Central at #1 Westview

#3 Crockett Co. at #2 Chester Co.

#3 Scotts Hill at #2 South Gibson

#4 Dyersburg at #1 South Side

Here are my predictions for the tournament.

First Round

Westview easily handle McNairy (double digit win).

Crockett gives Chester Co. some problems early, but Chester Co. pulls away in 2nd half.

Probably the tightest game of the first round- SGC and Scotts Hill go down to the wire, South Gibson pulls it out in a one possession game. (Scotts Hill has a chance to win or force overtime on final possession of game)

Dyersburg maybe keeps things close in the first quarter, but doesn't have the depth to hang with South Side. (20+ point win- possibly running clock, especially if Howard fouls out)

Semifinals

Chester Co. spars with Westview better than most people would expect, but Chargers still come away with the win as free throws down the stretch seal it.

South Side can pick the score against South Gibson. (Running clock late in the 4th)

Finals

It's the Final (most) everyone wanted to see. Westview will want to play slow, South Side will want to play fast. Whoever can dictate the pace will win. I think Westview slows things down early, but South Side busts things open in the 2nd half and wins by double digits. 

Did pretty well with my predictions for first round. I stand by my predictions for the Semifinals. I think Chester Co. can hang around with Westview and at least keep it respectable. South Gibson looked as good defensively and effort as I've seen all season, but I think we'll see a different team tonight. Physically/athletically, I think South Gibson isn't as outmatched as some would think (not saying they are good enough to win, but good enough to play a decent game with them), but mentally they'll be defeated before they walk in the gym. South Side has beaten them real bad the last two times they've played and I don't think they believe they can compete with them. I think it gets out of hand, and gets out of hand early. 

On 2/25/2021 at 11:52 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea said a mouthful here! I been telling people Scotts Hill is no push over! They have one of the best guards in AA in Blaize! She can handle the ball, she can shoot the cover of the ball, and she can find the open person. Depending on what SH team shows up they can beat anyone in 13AA! Just my personal opinion they will handle South Gibson. 

I was really surprised with how poorly Scotts Hill played the other night. Blaize scored 14, but it was a quiet 14. Lions couldn't throw a marble in the ocean in the first half. SH seemed really bothered with SGC's defense, which was a real surprise. 

South Gibson kept them in it in the second half with a lot of poor decision making and trying to hold the ball. Credit to SH for continuing to fight and tie it back up. Game was tied with SGC trying to hold for the last shot and Blaize intentionally fouled with 6 seconds left on the clock, while in the bonus. Guessing she either didn't realize they were tied or that they were in the bonus, but that proved to be the difference maker. South Gibson wasn't going to get a good look on the possession. It was a mess. 

I'm guessing the SH you all got to see through much of this season played a lot better than the other night. 

16 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I was really surprised with how poorly Scotts Hill played the other night. Blaize scored 14, but it was a quiet 14. Lions couldn't throw a marble in the ocean in the first half. SH seemed really bothered with SGC's defense, which was a real surprise. 

South Gibson kept them in it in the second half with a lot of poor decision making and trying to hold the ball. Credit to SH for continuing to fight and tie it back up. Game was tied with SGC trying to hold for the last shot and Blaize intentionally fouled with 6 seconds left on the clock, while in the bonus. Guessing she either didn't realize they were tied or that they were in the bonus, but that proved to be the difference maker. South Gibson wasn't going to get a good look on the possession. It was a mess. 

I'm guessing the SH you all got to see through much of this season played a lot better than the other night. 

13 AA and 14 AA other than Westview and South Side are way down. Whoever has to go to Covington will have their hands full. Neither team will be tested tonight, IMO. Both win big.