COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

5 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

They aren’t going to ask parents to sign waivers. 

They should. If they already haven't. You can't tell me some random mom or dad wont try and sue if something happens to their kid. This country is sue happy. Meigs had to sign before workouts started for Covid. All teams should have and probably have already.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

They should. If they already haven't. You can't tell me some random mom or dad wont try and sue if something happens to their kid. This country is sue happy. Meigs had to sign before workouts started for Covid. All teams should have and probably have already.

I know of no schools that have. I would like to hear of any others that have. Of course that would be a county decision, not school. However, Meigs is probably the only school in that county??

Edited by Sidelinehustler

I do think some schools will make players at least sign something saying they are not being forced to play. 

8 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I know of no schools that have. I would like to hear of any others that have. Of course that would be a county decision, not school. However, Meigs is probably the only school in that county??

It is the only high school in Meigs county yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_high_schools_in_Tennessee

Not sure why you would think it's much of an issue as safety starts with parenting duties. If a parent is that worried about Covid-19 then they shouldn't allow their kid to play. I myself would be on a fact finding mission before I let my kid play. Long story short I'd tell them how much it affects kids in their age group and let them decide. ( let's face it people, this isn't Ebola ) After the coming to Jesus meeting with my kid I'd allow them to choose if our views aligned. The responsibility should definitely be one that starts and ends at home. Safety, blame game, and all.

It is the only high school in Meigs county yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_high_schools_in_Tennessee

Not sure why you would think it's much of an issue as safety starts with parenting duties. If a parent is that worried about Covid-19 then they shouldn't allow their kid to play. I myself would be on a fact finding mission before I let my kid play. Long story short I'd tell them how much it affects kids in their age group and let them decide. ( let's face it people, this isn't Ebola ) After the coming to Jesus meeting with my kid I'd allow them to choose if our views aligned. The responsibility should definitely be one that starts and ends at home. Safety, blame game, and all.

Let the record be searched. I never stated or alluded that I thought it was an issue. 

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Let the record be searched. I never stated or alluded that I thought it was an issue. 

It wasn't meant towards you in general. I just meant if everyone isn't on these terms already how could you possibly move forward.

However you did state they wouldn't ask parents to sign waivers, It seems you were mistaken on that to an extent. I'm not sure if every school has done it but they should have already if they havent.

Edited by Imthayeti

35 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Wouldn’t be the first time. I was speaking to TSSAA policy or state policy, not individual county policy. Point taken though. 

I'm curious if the TSSAA meeting today will be disclosed today in any shape form or fashion. From what the meeting on the 8th stated they will decide this week about playoffs and all that. But from what I read online the East Tn. Coaches took a poll and 25 of 32 coaches I think was the vote wanted top 2 seeds to make the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm curious if the TSSAA meeting today will be disclosed today in any shape form or fashion. From what the meeting on the 8th stated they will decide this week about playoffs and all that. But from what I read online the East Tn. Coaches took a poll and 25 of 32 coaches I think was the vote wanted top 2 seeds to make the playoffs.

All that is not necessary if Lee amends his executive order. He's waiting on TSSAA's "plan of action" before deciding. Why wasn't this plan created in May or June? Why didn't the governor reach out to the state's high school sports governing body and give them a heads up about his concerns or requirements? 

Just now, Salem said:

All that is not necessary if Lee amends his executive order. He's waiting on TSSAA's "plan of action" before deciding. Why wasn't this plan created in May or June? Why didn't the governor reach out to the state's high school sports governing body and give them a heads up about his concerns or requirements? 

No governing bodies envisioned anything going wrong at best guess. A little foresight would have made worst case scenario workable with a little thought about contingencies. Not sure most of us could have done better I guess. They are taking their sweet time to get anything done though it seems. Since July 8th TSSAA meeting what has really been done etc.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

No governing bodies envisioned anything going wrong at best guess. A little foresight would have made worst case scenario workable with a little thought about contingencies. Not sure most of us could have done better I guess. They are taking their sweet time to get anything done though it seems. Since July 8th TSSAA meeting what has really been done etc.

We have thousands of TN players, parents, coaches, and administrators in limbo. Make a decision. 

I don't know what communication exists between TSSAA, the State Board of Ed, or the governor's office. But if there's an executive order in place that prevents you from doing your job then someone should be asking is this going to be extended or when's it going to end. Is there anything we can do to affect your decision? What info do you need from us?  The day after the Executive order was extended schools received a statement from State Ed Dept saying the order does NOT apply to schools. Why does the same order apply to school sports?