COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

2 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Where did you see this? Are they working out liability issues for having the season?

I figured it was that also. No one wants to take blame if there is an issue. Here come the waivers I bet, and rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

I figured it was that also. No one wants to take blame if there is an issue. Here come the waivers I bet, and rightfully so.

I said this the other day.The numbers right or made up are 2500+ each day and "The Tenn Doctors group of 2000 Drs" are pressing for schools not to open calling ANYONE who thinks they should are INSANE.No one will want to make the call for liabilities sake I am afraid.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I said this the other day.The numbers right or made up are 2500+ each day and "The Tenn Doctors group of 2000 Drs" are pressing for schools not to open calling ANYONE who thinks they should are INSANE.No one will want to make the call for liabilities sake I am afraid.

There are bills in the state and federal legislatures that shield schools and other businesses from Covid liabilities. Nebraska recently had a huge All Star game and many, many states including crazy Michigan plan to play this fall as scheduled. 

Edited by Salem

Just now, orngnblk said:

Don't care for these big meetings outside the public view. They act like we are all Children who are not able to make good decisions on our own. If we are that dumb,we shouldn't be able to vote for these brilliant  NUTS.

39 minutes ago, Salem said:

There are bills in the state and federal legislatures that shield schools and other businesses from Covid liabilities. Nebraska recently had a huge All Star game and many, many states including crazy Michigan plan to play this fall as scheduled. 

I thought that liability is what not playing was all about.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I thought that liability is what not playing was all about.

Just another excuse. Lee has been threatening a special session to get it done before school starts (and the Aug 6 election).

Legislatures in five of Tennessee’s eight neighboring states have passed COVID-19-related liability protections in various forms: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi and North Carolina.

21 minutes ago, Salem said:

Just another excuse. Lee has been threatening a special session to get it done before school starts (and the Aug 6 election).

Legislatures in five of Tennessee’s eight neighboring states have passed COVID-19-related liability protections in various forms: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi and North Carolina.

I hope they get it worked out. Kids not getting to play is a bad deal. I do respect the virus, but I also know it has been bad overhyped. Countries all around us treating this and we can’t even talk about a treatment in the US. Sad deal.