COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

36 minutes ago, Salem said:

We have thousands of TN players, parents, coaches, and administrators in limbo. Make a decision. 

I don't know what communication exists between TSSAA, the State Board of Ed, or the governor's office. But if there's an executive order in place that prevents you from doing your job then someone should be asking is this going to be extended or when's it going to end. Is there anything we can do to affect your decision? What info do you need from us?  The day after the Executive order was extended schools received a statement from State Ed Dept saying the order does NOT apply to schools. Why does the same order apply to school sports? 

Good post.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Why does the same order apply to school sports? 

I preface this post with I am not opposed to having a football season. I want a football season.

Football is not school. There is no social distancing in football. Yes, I know kids won’t social distance in the hallways. However, anyone that has been a part of a football program for any amount of time realizes this. It’s not a sanitary environment no matter how much you clean and use safety measures. Ask any coach who has ever had MRSA get started in a locker room. Stomach bug, flu, etc. 

Once again, this is not an opinion about whether or not to have a season. But that’s what the powers that be are thinking. On a side note, I realize we are all very concerned about sports. The truth is the vast majority of the people in the state of Tennessee are much more worried about somewhere to send their kids so they don’t have to find someone to watch them while they are at work. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

2 hours ago, Salem said:

All that is not necessary if Lee amends his executive order. He's waiting on TSSAA's "plan of action" before deciding. Why wasn't this plan created in May or June? Why didn't the governor reach out to the state's high school sports governing body and give them a heads up about his concerns or requirements? 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

We have thousands of TN players, parents, coaches, and administrators in limbo. Make a decision. 

I don't know what communication exists between TSSAA, the State Board of Ed, or the governor's office. But if there's an executive order in place that prevents you from doing your job then someone should be asking is this going to be extended or when's it going to end. Is there anything we can do to affect your decision? What info do you need from us?  The day after the Executive order was extended schools received a statement from State Ed Dept saying the order does NOT apply to schools. Why does the same order apply to school sports? 

I would agree that the governor should have communicated to TSSAA but TSSAA was already in a no contact executive order before it was extended. TSSAA should have known there were going to have to be guidelines in place for football to be played and for the executive order to be amended. Not saying nothing and zero communication never works. 

33 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good news about California is it won’t stop football around here. We may not have it but California won’t be the reason.

I know a little 1A school in Blount Co. who is on the phone with some California players as we speak. Great selling point, play ball here in the Fall, and move back put West and play in the spring.

I kid, I kid.

• Like 1