2A State Runner up travels to Greenback to take on the 1A State Runner up

orngnblk

13 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Difference kinfolk was y’all kept going to Willis. So Pitt stopped running the QB play. That cat is still running up there if they keep running it. No offense but GB had better coaching. So Pitt is bad in close playoff games. That’s why I still picked y’all to represent East again prior to Jeffries leaving. I’m just keeping it real

I can agree with that.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

We played in 91 and 92 Cherokean just texted he will give me the wins and losses if any.lol

91 we won

92 we lost

In 09 they beat us 26-6

2010 we won cant remember that score-found it 35-7

They were in our region when it was 1A/2A in13 and 14

2013 we won 42-6 or 7

2014 we won 49-7 I think

Meigs back In the day before the was a very good football school produced some outstanding football players.My boys played 09 thru 13 We whipped them good before Fitz!

Whipped us pretty good Fitz’s first year, too. I can’t think of any times during the 80’s or 70’s that they played. I can’t swear to it, though. Surely there were a couple series between them back then? Small schools relatively close, figure they would play each other a few times. 

42 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Whipped us pretty good Fitz’s first year, too. I can’t think of any times during the 80’s or 70’s that they played. I can’t swear to it, though. Surely there were a couple series between them back then? Small schools relatively close, figure they would play each other a few times. 

Thank you I was trying to get this together for Friday for the game 

48 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

No first was 91.We werent very good before 85.

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Sure do.WB is alot like LC and Heritage can fall apart at any point in a game.

The O and D lines for OZ are both strong. Their LBs are pretty good also but their secondary is vulnerable. If WB can and will throw the ball they’ll be able to make some hay. 

Edited by crow

Ok yeti has been patiently waiting for me to give my pre game thoughts.I watched the SW game over and over (when wife was taking a nap everyday lol).I have to say this is the one time I disagree with crow I dont see meigs as a better overall team this year.They look slower and you cannot replace what Swafford did on Offense OR defense.We played SW for years and they look a little better but typical SW.Now meigs was down a few dozen players last week because of the China virus so I've been told so they may field a whole different team this week.If we had our full line at full strength I would take us by 2 scores.But without the Alcoa transfer and our other big lineman who also is a strong LBr (he missed Loudon game also) this game should go to meigs County BUT I love our coaching staff and they will come up with a game plan to keep us in this game.Our boys play with pride,GREENBACK pride and that alone to me is worth 7 points.Im going 26-21 GREENBACK in a flat out WAR!I wish I was there to see it but I will be keeping up with it best I can.GO CHEROKEES!

Edited by orngnblk