2A State Runner up travels to Greenback to take on the 1A State Runner up

orngnblk

Just now, crow said:

The O and D lines for OZ are both strong. Their LBs are pretty good also but their secondary is vulnerable. If WB can and will throw the ball they’ll be able to make some hay. 

OS has always had big boys up front.Heck in 12 and 13 they looked like the LSU tigers but played like the Tigerettes.I still say OZ can compete for a while.They will have to do more than run tho to play 4 quarters.

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Ok yeti has been patiently waiting for me to give my pre game thoughts.I watched the SW game over and over (when wife was taking a nap everyday lol).I have to say this is the one time I disagree with crow I dont see meigs as a better overall team this year.They look slower and you cannot replace what Swafford did on Offense OR defense.We played SW for years and they look a little better but typical SW.Now meigs was down a few dozen players last week because of the China virus so I've been told so they may field a whole different team this week.If we had our full line at full strength I would take us by 2 scores.But without the Alcoa transfer and our other big lineman who also is a strong LBr (he missed Loudon game also) this game should go to meigs county BUT I love our coaching staff and they will come up with a game plan to keep us in this game.Our boys play with pride,GREENBACK pride and that alone to me is worth 7 points.Im going 26-21 GREENBACK in a flat out WAR!I wish I was there to see it but I will be keeping up with it best I can.GO CHEROKEES!

If you’re taking y’all Over meigs then I’m not even gonna bother showing up week 4 :eek:

Edited by crow

Just now, orngnblk said:

OS has always had big boys up front.Heck in 12 and 13 they looked like the LSU tigers but played like the Tigerettes.I still say OZ can compete for a while.They will have to do more than run tho to play 4 quarters.

They looked comfortable throwing the ball. They were 1-10 against us but it was wet and you could tell the ball was slick all night for both sides. They’re definitely a run first offense or at least they were last week but of course most would be on a rainy night. 

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Ok yeti has been patiently waiting for me to give my pre game thoughts.I watched the SW game over and over (when wife was taking a nap everyday lol).I have to say this is the one time I disagree with crow I dont see Meigs as a better overall team this year.They look slower and you cannot replace what Swafford did on Offense OR defense.We played SW for years and they look a little better but typical SW.Now Meigs was down a few dozen players last week because of the China virus so I've been told so they may field a whole different team this week.If we had our full line at full strength I would take us by 2 scores.But without the Alcoa transfer and our other big lineman who also is a strong LBr (he missed Loudon game also) this game should go to Meigs County BUT I love our coaching staff and they will come up with a game plan to keep us in this game.Our boys play with pride,GREENBACK pride and that alone to me is worth 7 points.Im going 26-21 GREENBACK in a flat out WAR!I wish I was there to see it but I will be keeping up with it best I can.GO CHEROKEES!

Great post, not a dozen players but a few, and significant ones. I believe midseason we will be a better all around team. There it is I said it. Might eat crow later, but from what I've seen in practices and scrimmages were better all around. New qb isnt Swafford but he doesn't have to be hes a great qb nonetheless. We have a great back in Will Meadows and between them both I believe it will make up for losing #19. Guess tomorrow we will find out. Meigs 35 Greenback 14. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Great post, not a dozen players but a few, and significant ones. I believe midseason we will be a better all around team. There it is I said it. Might eat crow later, but from what I've seen in practices and scrimmages were better all around. New qb isnt Swafford but he doesn't have to be hes a great qb nonetheless. We have a great back in Will Meadows and between them both I believe it will make up for losing #19. Guess tomorrow we will find out. Meigs 35 Greenback 14. 

Dang no respect at all for the Cherokees??We may just have to unleash the secret weapon a week early if we can.:popcorneater:I dont think we can so you may be safe.

22 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Ok yeti has been patiently waiting for me to give my pre game thoughts.I watched the SW game over and over (when wife was taking a nap everyday lol).I have to say this is the one time I disagree with crow I dont see meigs as a better overall team this year.They look slower and you cannot replace what Swafford did on Offense OR defense.We played SW for years and they look a little better but typical SW.Now meigs was down a few dozen players last week because of the China virus so I've been told so they may field a whole different team this week.If we had our full line at full strength I would take us by 2 scores.But without the Alcoa transfer and our other big lineman who also is a strong LBr (he missed Loudon game also) this game should go to meigs County BUT I love our coaching staff and they will come up with a game plan to keep us in this game.Our boys play with pride,GREENBACK pride and that alone to me is worth 7 points.Im going 26-21 GREENBACK in a flat out WAR!I wish I was there to see it but I will be keeping up with it best I can.GO CHEROKEES!

Sweetwater was strong where we were weakest. They were a good passing team. That's an area we are probably weakest at right now. But we will get those guys up to speed. And may already have. :thumb:

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Ok yeti has been patiently waiting for me to give my pre game thoughts.I watched the SW game over and over (when wife was taking a nap everyday lol).I have to say this is the one time I disagree with crow I dont see meigs as a better overall team this year.They look slower and you cannot replace what Swafford did on Offense OR defense.We played SW for years and they look a little better but typical SW.Now meigs was down a few dozen players last week because of the China virus so I've been told so they may field a whole different team this week.If we had our full line at full strength I would take us by 2 scores.But without the Alcoa transfer and our other big lineman who also is a strong LBr (he missed Loudon game also) this game should go to meigs County BUT I love our coaching staff and they will come up with a game plan to keep us in this game.Our boys play with pride,GREENBACK pride and that alone to me is worth 7 points.Im going 26-21 GREENBACK in a flat out WAR!I wish I was there to see it but I will be keeping up with it best I can.GO CHEROKEES!

What, you won't be at the game?