Associated Press Statewide Poll 6A and 5A 2020

Red Rebels

53 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Year over year, HC is going to be at a natural disadvantage because there just aren't that many West TN voters. Whitehaven faces the same problem in 6A

that and the've only won 2 state championships ever. And they lost to beech that lost to powell.  Hardly feel like they're being slighted...

Edited by guthook

22 minutes ago, guthook said:

that and the've only one 2 state championships ever. And they lost to beech that lost to powell.  Hardly feel like they're being slighted...

I didn't say they were. However, using a state titles for justification on how you rank a team is pretty silly, especially given that every team in only has a couple, if any at all

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I didn't say they were. However, using a state titles for justification on how you rank a team is pretty silly, especially given that every team in only has a couple, if any at all

You think Alcoa and Maryville wouldn't benefit in rankings even if they had a down year?  NOt saying it's right, but it happens.

37 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I’m just curious, at 5-2 where do you put HC? I know they are always a tough out but what team(s) in front them do you pencil HC in front of?

A poll is a poll. Makes no difference whether your #1 going into the playoffs or #10. All I'm saying I love where our team is football wise. Come playoffs we are gonna make some noise. Bank on that! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Let's just say I dont believe for one second there is 7 teams better than Henry County at this point in time in 5A. We're going to keep doing what we are doing and prove ourselves in the playoffs. 

I definitely agree with you. I just haven’t seen any of the East ten teams to know who is a pretender and who is a contender. I have an idea. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I definitely agree with you. I just haven’t seen any posters of the East ten teams to know who is a pretender and who is a contender. I have an idea. 

My contenders/pretenders:

1. Powell and West - Contenders. They look like the best in the east. Should be a fun game Thursday night!
  2. Central - Contender. They've taken a step back offensively, but they are still really good on defense and special teams. They look like a quarterfinalist right now.
  3. South Doyle - Contender. They've improved a ton offensively since the beginning of the season. Coupled with their defense, they should be able to make a quarterfinal run.
  4. Carter - Pretender. Overrated and likely a product of their schedule. I think Central will handle them on Friday night.
  5. Rhea County - Pretender. Also a product of their schedule. They're a good team, but not #6 in the state. Red Bank should beat them on Friday night. Even if they beat RB and go 10-0, I don't see them getting past Powell or West in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
  6. Region 1 - Pretenders.
  7. Oak Ridge - Sleeper, potential contender. They've got a LOT of pieces. If these guys can put it all together, they could really create some havoc in the post-season.
Edited by osunut2
  • Like 4