Region Title? TC vs Watertown

tcjacket13

7 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Taint lose to Watertown when it counts! (Reminds me of Eddie Murphy SNL)

I was thinking more in the line of the below in terms of TC.

1. Taint got no teeth.

2. Taint read past the fifth grade level.

3. Taint got no permanent foundation on their houses.

4. Taint understand why H2Oman is so smart!

3 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I was thinking more in the line of the below in terms of TC.

1. Taint got no teeth.

2. Taint read past the fifth grade level.

3. Taint got no permanent foundation on their houses.

4. Taint understand why H2Oman is so smart!

I got news for you brother, I been to Watertown.....you got 1-3 lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Intriguing to discuss. Gordonsville was not as dominant against Smith as Macon so makes you wonder how good they really are. MTCS lost to White House Heritage, which only beat East Robertson by 9. MTCS then turned around and beat Friendship 21-0. 

This week probably tells us a lot. 

12 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

scenarios:

- MTCS and Friendship are really really good and TC wins

- Gordonsville and Nolensville are really good and Watertown wins. 

Comparing Week 1 scores and using it to determine a teams level of play is dangerous any season, but even more so in 2020.

Friendship didn't show me anything special. But neither did TC in that game. All around sloppy.

Gordy/Watertown sounds like it was a very similar game. 

Smith Co./Macon was a blow-out then Gordy "Only" beats Smith by 28? Ok remember this is one of the biggest rivalry games in the area. This one week out of the year, if not all year but especially this one week, Smith Co. is completely divided. Alot of hype surrounds this game that propels these kids to out perform their talents all to claim their bragging rights. Gordy has had a better talented group several times, only to fall in this one. So to say that a 28 point blowout in the Hole is not huge in this one is absurd to me.

Dont know anything about MTCS and Friendships in the rearview now, so honestly dont care. 

Nolensville was a 4A semi-finalist last season and H20 hung with them. I know its a new year/new team but they should have some carryover from that deep run so i think that game speaks volumes to the caliber of team headed north on Friday.

White House was big but they arent the White House of old. TC made some improvements from W1 but still some gaps to be filled. 

IMO....Friday will answer alot of questions as to how good both teams are. Praying for safe travels to those able to attend and a healthy hard fought ball game. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Listened to some of the Burma Road podcast as I drove home. Liked hearing about the Jim Beene sp? Person. I have met many people like that in my life and have always been the better for it. Was a good show. Those guys seem really down to earth.

The latest episode of @BurmaRoadPodcast is, as far as weekly in-season content, i believe is the best one yet. Steven put alot of time in on it and it really has a good flow. 

As for Interviews, the first episode with Chad Evitts and last weeks episode with Jonathan McCall are 2 of the best. Those 2 guys give some great insight to how that TC locker room was in the 1990s.

Chad, if you dont know, was a great player who went on to Tennessee Tech and then went on to the Pittsburg Steelers camp where he was the last person cut (I dont recall the year). At that point he chose to return home and move on from his football playing career. He now is an assistant at TC.

Jonathan was (in his words) ok. He played with lots of talented players around him (was apart of the 97 and 98 teams) and IMO was pretty good. He is an even better story teller and i believe has given the best interview to date. 

I know i really enjoy the show and doing my small part. I hope that others enjoy it as well. I only expect it to grow. 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Comparing Week 1 scores and using it to determine a teams level of play is dangerous any season, but even more so in 2020.

Friendship didn't show me anything special. But neither did TC in that game. All around sloppy.

Gordy/Watertown sounds like it was a very similar game. 

Smith Co./Macon was a blow-out then Gordy "Only" beats Smith by 28? Ok remember this is one of the biggest rivalry games in the area. This one week out of the year, if not all year but especially this one week, Smith Co. is completely divided. Alot of hype surrounds this game that propels these kids to out perform their talents all to claim their bragging rights. Gordy has had a better talented group several times, only to fall in this one. So to say that a 28 point blowout in the Hole is not huge in this one is absurd to me.

Dont know anything about MTCS and Friendships in the rearview now, so honestly dont care. 

Nolensville was a 4A semi-finalist last season and H20 hung with them. I know its a new year/new team but they should have some carryover from that deep run so i think that game speaks volumes to the caliber of team headed north on Friday.

White House was big but they arent the White House of old. TC made some improvements from W1 but still some gaps to be filled. 

IMO....Friday will answer alot of questions as to how good both teams are. Praying for safe travels to those able to attend and a healthy hard fought ball game. Looking forward to it. 

exactly as i said. is TC the team who whalloped White House or the one who lost to FCS who lost to MTCS

is Watertown the team that struggle with 1A Gordy or the one who hung tough with 4A semi Nolensville

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Listened to some of the Burma Road podcast as I drove home. Liked hearing about the Jim Beene sp? Person. I have met many people like that in my life and have always been the better for it. Was a good show. Those guys seem really down to earth.

History Lesson

Yeti, here is a link to Jim B. Satterfield's credentials. He is TC Supt. of School's Clint Satterfield's father and current HC Blake's grandfather. He became HC in TC in 1962 and turned the lead role over to Clint in 1984 but stayed on staff until he passed in 1996. His record as HC was 185-54-2 with 1 title ('72 AA) and 3 runner-ups ('73-'75 AA). I know the TSSAA has some different info but i believe the first several years he was an assistant in name. Never the less, he is in the HOF. 

https://tssaasports.com/halloffame/inductee.cfm?id=159

To make this relevant to this thread, my records show him as being 8-2 vs Watertown based on what i have collected thus far. 

Edited by BCB~MVP