Milan -vs- Lexington

tigerpride22

53 minutes ago, tigerpride22 said:

What are you guys thinking?

I have not seen Lexington this year but have heard some really good things about them. Both teams have a lot of talent and returning experience. Milan is fast to the ball on defense. If Lexington is still the run heavy team they have always been it will be hard for them to score much. They will have to make some plays downfield to loosen up the Milan defense. The Milan offense is much more dynamic than it has been in years past. Will not look the same as it did under Morris. We like to run but the qb can throw it very effectively. I think the team that can make some plays downfield and limit turnovers wins. I’m taking Milan 21-14. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Scoring hasn't really been a problem with Lexington so far this year.  The past two games we have started the 2nd half with a running clock.  Lexington's 1st team defense has only given up 2 scores all year.  I'd argue that we have the biggest O-line and D-line in West TN.  Them boys are big!!  Average about 280 across the front and it aint fat.  We got the leading rusher in West TN and he had another monster game last night.  Our QB is just a pure athlete with a great football IQ plus he was all-state DB last year.  Plus our kicker continues to prove he's the best kicker in the state.

I think it will be a great game.  Its gotta be the top game in West TN this week.  And the old football adage, "the team that makes the fewest mistakes..." will be big in this game.

Good Luck

22 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Someone explain to me how Liberty can be so bad? Makes no sense.

The Madison County BOE, as well as the school administration have completely abandoned the athletic program there. They have recently proven that their "situation" would be great for attracting talent if anyone cared even a little bit, but they apparently don't. Basketball has a few gold balls, and football made it to Cookeville only a couple of years back, but until something changes at the top they're not even relevant in Jackson anymore, let alone the power that they used to be.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

The Madison County BOE, as well as the school administration have completely abandoned the athletic program there. They have recently proven that their "situation" would be great for attracting talent if anyone cared even a little bit, but they apparently don't. Basketball has a few gold balls, and football made it to Cookeville only a couple of years back, but until something changes at the top they're not even relevant in Jackson anymore, let alone the power that they used to be.

Everything you just said is 100% true. Having worked in Madison Co. for a decade I can personally attest to it. However Liberty does have an outstanding water girl training program. The head water girl is spectacular at her job. Speaking of the old gal, anyone heard from dhstennis lately??

@dhstennis

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

This is what I figured it was. That's sad. There's a hundred million reasons not to live in Madison co, and we'll just add this one to the list.

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

This is what I figured it was. That's sad. There's a hundred million reasons not to live in Madison co, and we'll just add this one to the list.

I have a friend that used to teach at Liberty, and told me that it was the worst school system he’s worked for. Said the administration is really weak, and doesn’t care too much about the Athletics. 

4 hours ago, Solomon said:

Someone explain to me how Liberty can be so bad? Makes no sense.

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Tradertwo is on to something. The Administration at JMCSS will not support athletics as a whole as a focus to "support test grades" but screw athletics. Liberty's athletics are a D as a whole. North Side athletics are a C as a whole, and South Side athletics are a B as a whole. Adding a new stadium for North Side and South Side and adding a scoreboard for all three schools are a plus. But bleachers and a scoreboard are not going to make a player stronger, and faster. They're not going to score touchdowns. They just aren't.

Until JMCSS decides to pour into all three schools (even Madison to an extent) from an athletics standpoint, this is going to be an every year thing. Coach Reeder lost all the momentum as South Side that was created 2-3 years ago, Coach Akin coached his first game at a school that is not an attractive, and Coach Powell over at North Side gave up 50+ points (first time NS allowed 50+ since 2012). I know that North Side is currently happy with their football coach that doesn't care about winning as much as I hoped. He's more of a "character" guy. 

I am giving Coach Akin a pass for this season. No player at Liberty knows how to win (think about that), and with COVID-19, I'm sure it's hitting his staff extremely hard right now. It's going to take time for Scott Akin to turn things around at Liberty. With a much improved Lexington team upfront, a 42-0 loss for Liberty was no surprised for me.