White House at Springfield

BDP2003

4 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

That’s what I’m feeling at the moment.The Jackets have the line along with some weapons. Kids have played alot of ball and coach will have them ready.

I believe it’s decided by halftime. What I have seen of these two teams this year (which admittedly isn’t a lot), WH doesn’t have the athletes to keep it close. 

Trousdale ran at will against WH. They would go for 3,3, and then pop one for over 10.  That’s when they weren’t getting bigger chunk plays. They don’t throw it nearly as well as Springfield does so if the Devil defense hasn’t improved against the run it won’t be pretty against the more balanced Springfield offense and there will be another running clock in the 2nd half

4 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I am not being a smart butt, but i would ask what you mean By compete?  

If you mean bring home two silver balls in three years. Probably not.  If you mean deep playoff runs and a trip to Cookeville 1 in 5 years I think the chances are better than average. Just an old man’s opinion.  

I hope we stay in the same Region with WH, Heritage, Portland, and Greenbrier if for no other reason than the crowds that all teams have at the games.  Passionate fans are part of making the game enjoyable for me.  When we were in the Clarksville Region before, other than the Clarksville game, we consistently had more fans than the home team.  Their band doesn’t even travel with them to away games and neither do their fans.  

I just mean y’all are a top 5 team every year in 4A rn in my opinion no matter what.  Do you think it’d be the same in 5A?  I’d love to keep the regions the same as well, but if y’all are north of 1200 and BDP is around 850 I don’t see how we’re in the same classification.  I don’t have the exact numbers but I’m pretty sure that’s about where it’s at.  

3 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

A question for the White House faithful.....how will White House’s defense stack up against a Springfield offense that’s clicking better than any I’ve seen in a long time.

I mean it just depends on who executes better imo.  I know people will lose their minds when I say this, but I don’t think the talent differential is that significant. The trousdale game and this past Friday are perfect examples of us just not executing what we’re supposed to do and we got beat because of it.  I don’t think White House has bad coaching at all, but Springfield’s coaching staff has clearly created a culture of winning and the kids seem to be 100% bought in.  The fact that they took last years team to state is incredibly impressive to me.  

41 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

I mean it just depends on who executes better imo.  I know people will lose their minds when I say this, but I don’t think the talent differential is that significant. The trousdale game and this past Friday are perfect examples of us just not executing what we’re supposed to do and we got beat because of it.  I don’t think White House has bad coaching at all, but Springfield’s coaching staff has clearly created a culture of winning and the kids seem to be 100% bought in.  The fact that they took last years team to state is incredibly impressive to me.  

I have to agree there, we were replacing a ton of offensive production, that is the best coaching job they have done since being at the helm imo.....

48 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

I pick on you guys a lot here and there on different threads, and I really appreciate you guys’ enthusiasm for your football team. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things because I haven’t seen you guys in person this year, but to say you guys aren’t far off from talent compared to Springfield is a far stretch. You’ve probably got some guys at a few position that could be very comparative to individuals from Springfield but has a team, no way. This might be the most all around talented team coach Wilson has had since being the head 

5 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I pick on you guys a lot here and there on different threads, and I really appreciate you guys’ enthusiasm for your football team. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things because I haven’t seen you guys in person this year, but to say you guys aren’t far off from talent compared to Springfield is a far stretch. You’ve probably got some guys at a few position that could be very comparative to individuals from Springfield but has a team, no way. This might be the most all around talented team coach Wilson has had since being the head 

I think y’all will always have more talent than us. But I don’t think it’s at a level where we shouldn’t be able to compete.  I only lost to Springfield once when I was in high school and I never felt like we had as much talent as y’all did then either.  My point was to give y’alls coaching staff a lot of credit.  Not to take anything away from the kids either, they still have to go out and execute.  I just really don’t have much bad to say other than I don’t like y’all lol.  

7 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Come on copa the talent level isn’t even close.