White House at Springfield

BDP2003

18 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

IMO, 4A is deeper at the top than 5A, so I think we would be very competitive. I don’t know if we would make consistently as far in the playoffs as we have in 4, but I think we would be able to hold our own. 

That is about how I think it will go as well. Coach has the program in the right direction for sure. Surely the transition wouldn’t be as bumpy.

32 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

You think y’all would still compete for state in 5A?

I am not being a smart butt, but i would ask what you mean By compete?  

If you mean bring home two silver balls in three years. Probably not.  If you mean deep playoff runs and a trip to Cookeville 1 in 5 years I think the chances are better than average. Just an old man’s opinion.  

I hope we stay in the same Region with WH, Heritage, Portland, and Greenbrier if for no other reason than the crowds that all teams have at the games.  Passionate fans are part of making the game enjoyable for me.  When we were in the Clarksville Region before, other than the Clarksville game, we consistently had more fans than the home team.  Their band doesn’t even travel with them to away games and neither do their fans.  

While I pull for Springfield every week (other than when they played Beech), I don’t think Springfield makes it to Cookeville 1 in 5 years in 5A. They dropped Beech because they couldn’t consistently compete with them and to make deep playoff runs in 5A you have to be able to compete with teams like Beech every year. 

Next year I believe Beech and Gallatin will both move up to 6A, Station Camp will move down to probably 5A, and I would assume Springfield will move into the region Beech is leaving. I believe Springfield now has more students than Station Camp, but I’m not certain. If that is the case Station Camp May end up taking Springfields place in that region. 

There will certainly be some shuffling going on in several regions. 

5 minutes ago, eers said:

This is one of the  obstacles I was talking about and why I think they delay the reclassifications.

The enrollment numbers will also be spewed in several counties

My wife teaches at a private school and they had several students enroll in public schools this semester due the parents not wanting to send their kids back to a traditional learning environment due to COVID.

We will see, but I just would be surprised if they don’t delay reclassification.

Just now, H2Oman said:

This is one of the  obstacles I was talking about and why I think they delay the reclassifications.

My wife teaches at a private school and they had several students enroll in public schools this semester due the parents not wanting to send their kids back to a traditional learning environment due to COVID.

We will see, but I just would be surprised if they don’t delay reclassification.

To my knowledge they haven’t delayed it at this point. I would be really surprised if they do, especially with the vote to change the other sports to four classes. 

15 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

To your point of skewing numbers in public schools, why pay tuition to a private school for your child to virtually attend class when you can do that for free with public schools?  COVID may mess with a lot of areas 

34 minutes ago, eers said:

While I pull for Springfield every week (other than when they played Beech), I don’t think Springfield makes it to Cookeville 1 in 5 years in 5A. They dropped Beech because they couldn’t consistently compete with them and to make deep playoff runs in 5A you have to be able to compete with teams like Beech every year. 

Next year I believe Beech and Gallatin will both move up to 6A, Station Camp will move down to probably 5A, and I would assume Springfield will move into the region Beech is leaving. I believe Springfield now has more students than Station Camp, but I’m not certain. If that is the case Station Camp May end up taking Springfields place in that region. 

It was probably illusions of grandeur on my part to say we might make it 1 in 5 years to Cookeville.  

you’re right about playing Beech and us not competing.  I would get so wounded up at that game.  Beech has had our number.  I was thinking about this very thing earlier today, I can’t remember us EVER beating Beech