White House at Springfield

BDP2003

19 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

The TSSAA voted a few weeks back. Football to remain at 6 classes and the enrollment numbers to be taken the 20th day of school. Sometime in October or November the new classifications should be released for next year. 100% accurate. 

Staying at 6 classes is what I was referring to, I didnt realize Springfield would be moving...

Edited by Kevin38

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Will that move to 5A put us back in the Clarksville Region?

Im not sure to be honest. The Clarksville region already has 7 teams in 5A region. Will Dyer Co. be moved back to Memphis region? 

Beech’s region has 6 teams and Gallatin is in jeopardy of moving to 6A. I honestly don’t know and will be interesting 

55 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

@jacketlover May know.  Last I heard it was closer to 1200.  I will ask the School Director At our Wednesday night

The enrollment numbers for 2018, which are the latest available on the TSSAA site, show Springfield at 1140.  I believe at the last classification update we were actually over the cutoff between 4/5 but went down after a number of teams in 4 chose to play up to 5. I’m sure it will be close again, and a lot will depend on the same factors as before in who wants to play up. I would think that if the move is to 5 that we would be lumped in with some Clarksville teams. 

Edited by JacketLover

47 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Im not sure to be honest. The Clarksville region already has 7 teams in 5A region. Will Dyer Co. be moved back to Memphis region? 

Beech’s region has 6 teams and Gallatin is in jeopardy of moving to 6A. I honestly don’t know and will be interesting 

3 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The enrollment numbers for 2018, which are the latest available on the TSSAA site, show Springfield at 1140.  I believe at the last classification update we were actually over the cutoff between 4/5 but went down after a number of teams in 4 chose to play up to 5. I’m sure it will be close again, and a lot will depend on the same factors as before in who wants to play up. I would think that if the move is to 5 that we would be lumped in with some Clarksville teams. 

That is what I thought both of you would say