Congratulations to Region 7 1A and 2A for reaching round two of the 2020 playoffs

fredjones

11 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I wonder if the TSSAA will remake the brackets in anyway. Surely they won’t just give a bye to region 7 seems unfair.

They would have to meet and change their rules for how one qualifies for the playoffs.  Even if they called that meeting , my guess would be that it will be voted down.  Then on the other hand,  this is an unprecedented year.  

If I were on that side of the bracket, personally, I wouldn't mind the bye in the 1st round.  You could cause your team more harm than good by attracting COVID19 from your 1st round opponent.   Too cautious?  Maybe,  but its gonna be a delicate dance from here on out to make the big dance.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I wonder if the TSSAA will remake the brackets in anyway. Surely they won’t just give a bye to region 7 seems unfair.

They could go back to wildcard teams, 4 best records of teams that didn’t get in take those 4 spots, travel put aside due to those teams being wildcards and should be thrilled with a shot at a gold ball 

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

Happened to Greenback a few years ago when I believe it was maybe Unaka had to cancel due to not having enough players. I don't recall them doing anything to get Greenback a game, but I may be wrong.

59 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

They would have to meet and change their rules for how one qualifies for the playoffs.  Even if they called that meeting , my guess would be that it will be voted down.  Then on the other hand,  this is an unprecedented year.  

If I were on that side of the bracket, personally, I wouldn't mind the bye in the 1st round.  You could cause your team more harm than good by attracting COVID19 from your 1st round opponent.   Too cautious?  Maybe,  but its gonna be a delicate dance from here on out to make the big dance.

Yeah a week off would be good catch up on extra practice and no chance of game induced injuries. Memphis has never sent to many Good teams anyways. They usually have one that is good and the other 3 not so much