Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Covington has speed, speed and more speed. Their defense is a swarming type defense who is very physical. I believe this is the best team Milan will have seen yet. That is no disrespect to Peabody who has a great team as well. Offensively they seem to have a lot more folks involved this year and makes them harder to stop. I believe Covington wins this game, but I am eager to see how Milan matches up with them because I believe these two teams will meet for a second time in the playoffs and its always hard to beat a good team twice whoever comes out on top. 

22 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

We have a nice elevated area right outside the fence not 10 yards from the end-zone by the scoreboard that some people watch it from. If I didn't have a season ticket, that's where I would be. 

Thanks for the info. May be a ton of people in that area for this game. Yall still shooting the cannon? First time I was at Covington for a game didn’t know about the cannon. I thought the world was coming to a end lol!

23 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Thanks for the info. May be a ton of people in that area for this game. Yall still shooting the cannon? First time I was at Covington for a game didn’t know about the cannon. I thought the world was coming to a end lol!

Yes the firetruck sirens still blare and the cannon still goes off when they run out. We now do fireworks after every score and if we win, they shoot the rest off at the end of the game. Pretty neat.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:45 AM, ManOfMillions said:

We are starting to get in the mix of things with the playoffs.... We are starting to find out who is, and who is not. 

This game means a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have my eyes pealed back for this contest. I have been waiting on it for a while. Both teams have very respectable programs, coaches, and teams. Covington year in and year out is always a tough out. Milan has a new coach, new stadium, and a revamped program. 

Should be a barn burner!!! 

I will give my prediction later in the week. 

Edited by bglass

Here's another look at the history of this series:

As I said in a previous post, Milan leads the series 9-7.

But, in recent history, Covington has only been in Region 7-3A with Milan since 2017. Prior to that, the TSSAA had Covington in a region with Memphis teams like Raleigh Egypt and Melrose.

In the time that Covington has been in this region, here are the results between these two:

Covington 28 Milan 27 (regular season)

Covington 21 Milan 14 (playoffs)

Covington 45 Milan 26 (regular season)

Covington 22 Milan 0 (playoffs)

Milan 14 Covington 7 (regular season)

So, Milan is behind 1-4 as a Region competitor with Covington. Not that any of this affects tonight's game, but it is interesting.

• Like 1