Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

40 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

I'm not to certain about PC, yet. They had their hands full will Hillsboro last week and pulled it out in OT. East Nasty may be the team to beat. We will find out Friday night when those two match up. 

Hey now y’all must never seen HB. Hillsboro ain’t no push over then with Coach Fitz being the head coach”Old PC” and some of his staff members being PC graduates adds some juice to the game. A lot of the kids played at middle school together. Some stay at PC and some ended up at HB. That rivalry deep. Then all the coach’s from both sides end up at a wedding the next day lol.

Here's what the Jackson Sun had to say:

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/09/30/jackson-area-high-school-football-games-week-westview-south-gibson/5849396002/

Milan (5-1, 2-0 7-3A) at Covington (6-0, 2-0)

When: 7 p.m., Friday

This game will decide the No. 1 team in Region 7-3A with two games remaining. Covington has been one of the most dominant teams in the area in the first six weeks, outscoring opponents by an average of 41.0-6.7. Milan has won fourth straight games on the field since losing to Peabody in Week 1. Milan has two players that have rushed for over 500 yards this season – Anthony Brown (597 yards, six touchdowns) and Gy'Derius Easley (533 yards, eight touchdowns).

Odom's pick: Covington 28, Milan 24

Shields' pick: Covington 42, Milan 21

11 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's what the Jackson Sun had to say:

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/09/30/jackson-area-high-school-football-games-week-westview-south-gibson/5849396002/

Milan (5-1, 2-0 7-3A) at Covington (6-0, 2-0)

When: 7 p.m., Friday

This game will decide the No. 1 team in Region 7-3A with two games remaining. Covington has been one of the most dominant teams in the area in the first six weeks, outscoring opponents by an average of 41.0-6.7. Milan has won fourth straight games on the field since losing to Peabody in Week 1. Milan has two players that have rushed for over 500 yards this season – Anthony Brown (597 yards, six touchdowns) and Gy'Derius Easley (533 yards, eight touchdowns).

Odom's pick: Covington 28, Milan 24

Shields' pick: Covington 42, Milan 21

So Brandon Shields thinks that Covington will win by 21??  I told y’all Covington is the favorite. Milan’s little fellas just hoping to keep it close. 

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Hey now y’all must never seen HB. Hillsboro ain’t no push over then with Coach Fitz being the head coach”Old PC” and some of his staff members being PC graduates adds some juice to the game. A lot of the kids played at middle school together. Some stay at PC and some ended up at HB. That rivalry deep. Then all the coach’s from both sides end up at a wedding the next day lol.

Did not know that. I just figured since I never see them deep in the 5A field like Beech or Henry County that they weren't that great. But it sounds like with a new staff they may be this year. I'll keep my eyes on them. They were sub-500 last year, but I see now that they had a killer schedule (PC, Ensworth, Cane Ridge)

Edited by 00Chargers
keyboard error

40 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So Brandon Shields thinks that Covington will win by 21??  I told y’all Covington is the favorite. Milan’s little fellas just hoping to keep it close. 

Apparently, he doesn't pay attention. Covington may be the favorite but by a much slimmer margin (less that 1 score IMO). Like I said, WE still remember last year! Kirby is not letting the boys forget that.