Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Here's an excerpt from the Commercial Appeal's game summary this past weekend:

Covington 47, Ripley 14: The Chargers took their tenacious run game on the road and returned home with their undefeated record still intact. Covington (6-0) had 54 carries for 390 yards and four rushing touchdowns. Jamarrion Dowell led the way with 151 yards and one TD, Marcus Hayes followed with 127 yards and another score, while Eumorrion Flowers added 70 yards and two more touchdowns. Not to be outdone, Chargers’ quarterback Carson Ruffin was a perfect 3-for-3 for 143 and three touchdowns. Dalton Dickerson caught TD passes of 49 and 47 yards. Hayes also had a 47-yard touchdown grab.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's an excerpt from the Commercial Appeal's game summary this past weekend:

Covington 47, Ripley 14: The Chargers took their tenacious run game on the road and returned home with their undefeated record still intact. Covington (6-0) had 54 carries for 390 yards and four rushing touchdowns. Jamarrion Dowell led the way with 151 yards and one TD, Marcus Hayes followed with 127 yards and another score, while Eumorrion Flowers added 70 yards and two more touchdowns. Not to be outdone, Chargers’ quarterback Carson Ruffin was a perfect 3-for-3 for 143 and three touchdowns. Dalton Dickerson caught TD passes of 49 and 47 yards. Hayes also had a 47-yard touchdown grab.

Over 7 yards per carry on the run. Impressive. Looks like y’all catch people sleeping on the pass and pop them at opportune times. 

On 9/27/2020 at 6:50 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

#1 is the qb Anthony Brown.  He has a good arm but legit 4.4 type speed. He is only a jr so 1 more year to go after this one. He has several offers on the table but recently picked up one from Michigan state. I expect many more to come. 

Could be the wrong player, but was Anthony Brown the player at Liberty that came out and said that he was offered by the University of Memphis via Twitter, but the Tigers came out and said they never offered him? I don’t know if you remember, just trying to picture if that was him...

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Could be the wrong player, but was Anthony Brown the player at Liberty that came out and said that he was offered by the University of Memphis via Twitter, but the Tigers came out and said they never offered him? I don’t know if you remember, just trying to picture if that was him...

Don’t know anything about what you are talking about but he was at Liberty. The link below will show you his offers including Memphis. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Brown-46103613/

42 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the updated Sonny Moore rankings has Covington an 11pt favorite plus 3 pts for home field advantage. Supposedly Covington taking this one by 14pts. What does everyone think about that??

Sonny Moore allows +2 for homefield, I know it's only a point but 13 v 14 is huge in the wager world. :wink:

48 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the updated Sonny Moore rankings has Covington an 11pt favorite plus 3 pts for home field advantage. Supposedly Covington taking this one by 14pts. What does everyone think about that??

Well, Milan won by 7 last year at home. This year Milan has improved from what I hear, both in terms of coaching and with added players. Covington has pretty much the same players, with an added year of experience. One key to me is the addition of a punishing fullback (Flowers) for Covington. Flowers might have been able to gain the first down on several of those "fourth and short" situations where Milan denied us last year.  He might have helped us change the outcome of last year's game. 

I like my Chargers to win at home, but I'm not predicting a double-digit point spread.

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I would not be willing to bet on a 2 touchdown win. These teams are too similar in terms of speed and physicality. It will be a tight game IMO. If Covington is somehow able to win by 14+, I will be very impressed and looking to challenge for that gold ball. Diffee worries me! I just feel like his coaching abilities are even better than many think.