Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Classic down-play.....ain't falling for it! LOL.....We know that Milan has just as much speed and talent and that they have improved every week with a new system. I also know that that coach is a proven winner and has a history of doing amazing things (Mississippi turn-around, yea I read about it). I'm just hoping that Covington keeps last year's L fresh in their mind and come out on all cylinders. 

I can’t remember which poster it was but one of the Covington posters said after the Westview game that it was Covington and everyone else as usual. I just hope we can compete. 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I can’t remember which poster it was but one of the Covington posters said after the Westview game that it was Covington and everyone else as usual. I just hope we can compete. 

Well, some of us Covington fans remember losing at Milan last year, then getting beat by SGC on our home field. I'm not getting into that overconfident mode myself. I like my team, but I totally respect the other teams in this region. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Covington is the favorite here. Been to the championship and semis the last 3 years. They are experienced and playing at home. They have talent all over the field and defense swarms to the ball. I don’t know if our little fellas can compete. I just hope we can keep it close. (In my best Lou Holtz voice)

You must have been around my brother in law too much lately, that's what I call him when he starts whining about how outmatched he is against some of the weaker teams on the schedule.

Well I just watched the westview Covington game and westview didn’t have the line play to compete with Covington. They didn’t protect Simpson 

Milan is pretty much better in every aspect compared to westview. I think this will be a real good game. Convington will have to reach in to the playbook diversify the play calling to beat Milan. 

i don’t see it being 7 points one way or the other regardless of who wins 

21 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, some of us Covington fans remember losing at Milan last year, then getting beat by SGC on our home field. I'm not getting into that overconfident mode myself. I like my team, but I totally respect the other teams in this region. 

You guys most years have 3 teams that could all rep the west against Alcoa,

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Well I just watched the westview Covington game and westview didn’t have the line play to compete with Covington. They didn’t protect Simpson 

Milan is pretty much better in every aspect compared to westview. I think this will be a real good game. Convington will have to reach in to the playbook diversify the play calling to beat Milan. 

i don’t see it being 7 points one way or the other regardless of who wins 

Looking for it to be a good ball game. I'm sure the coaching staff will open up the play book more this week for sure. Lay it all on the line this week!

Go Chargers! 

Edited by fanoffootball2013