Week 9 - Oak Ridge vs Mt Juliet

CardinalGrey

15 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I would’ve thought something like this was possible the first half of the season... still is possible... but they must switch the Offensive scheme up completely. If they go stale again this game. It’s hardcore proof the talent just isn’t there.

Can you at least get a ticket at oak ridge or do you not have a way to get in there either?

I was very optimistic about the Wildcats team after they beat Hardin Valley.......After that things just seemed to fall apart. It's true they haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season. That's a huge concern if you're a Wildcat fan.

My prediction: If he offense shows up it should be Oak Ridge 21 mj 20. if the offense doesn't play a lot better......It will be 21-7 mj.

Go Wildcats!

1 hour ago, ORWildcats1 said:

I was very optimistic about the Wildcats team after they beat Hardin Valley.......After that things just seemed to fall apart. It's true they haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season. That's a huge concern if you're a Wildcat fan.

My prediction: If he offense shows up it should be Oak Ridge 21 mj 20. if the offense doesn't play a lot better......It will be 21-7 mj.

Go Wildcats!

The HVA game was misleading because they are terrible. The offense has been a disappointment but part of the problem early was Jackson was hurt and missed two games. Another problem whether anyone wants to admit or not is that DB and West are just better than OR, especially up front. Farragut is better than OR up front but not anywhere else. If a team is better up front, then it makes it tough to run the ball because while the OR offensive line may be average, they won't handle a team with a very good D Line (DB, West, Farragut). If the Mt Juliet D Line is very good, then this will be a tough game for OR to win. The OR defense will hopefully keep OR in the game as usual, and the offense will hopefully do enough to win.

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Until we beat an actual decent team, I don’t have much faith in the Cats. Hopefully they can pull it off though.

I think Mt Juliet is an actual decent team, and even a good team. The next two games are much more important but it would be great to see OR play well and get some momentum going into the next two games.

17 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I agree SS. I can't believe Gaddis hasn't been fired yet.

That's a bit drastic, especially coming from a team that's winless. As I said earlier, the teams OR has lost to are simply better than OR, but I hope OR can beat a team next week that's also better. I don't know about Mt Juliet since I never see them. 

41 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I think Mt Juliet is an actual decent team, and even a good team. The next two games are much more important but it would be great to see OR play well and get some momentum going into the next two games.

I thought we were really good after 4 games, Since then my optimism has diminished significantly. Tonight they can steer me back in the right direction with a solid performance.

9 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I thought we were really good after 4 games, Since then my optimism has diminished significantly. Tonight they can steer me back in the right direction with a solid performance.

The teams sound similar in that each defense is solid and each offense has been inconsistent. If your defensive line is real good, then advantage MJ. If not, then this game could be very close.