Odds %'s of who will end up playing Alcoa

wolfchase

3 hours ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Cov vs PC last year came down to special teams. Turnovers were big too but if you take away the kickoff Return by PC Covington possibly could have won that game 20-14. That was the first special teams touchdown given up by us all season and it was huge one.

Second half adjustments got us to Cookeville!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

They're not unbeatable.

I think Alcoa has performed at this dominant level so long that everyone in 3A thinks they are. The coaches and players that aren’t skeered of the Beast from the East will put in the work to get to the point where they can beat them. I’ve heard people on here say for years now, “It’s a foregone conclusion so why even try.”  With that mindset it’ll never happen.  I know our coaches are looking at this as a marathon and not a sprint. The conditioning, weight lifting, practice routines have dramatically increased to get to that level with our new staff. Also they are scheduling stiffer competition. If we or any other 3A team wants to be able to compete with Alcoa they can’t cry about the current situation. They have to plow to the end of the row....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think Alcoa has performed at this dominant level so long that everyone in 3A thinks they are. The coaches and players that aren’t skeered of the Beast from the East will put in the work to get to the point where they can beat them. I’ve heard people on here say for years now, “It’s a foregone conclusion so why even try.”  With that mindset it’ll never happen.  I know our coaches are looking at this as a marathon and not a sprint. The conditioning, weight lifting, practice routines have dramatically increased to get to that level with our new staff. Also they are scheduling stiffer competition. If we or any other 3A team wants to be able to compete with Alcoa they can’t cry about the current situation. They have to plow to the end of the row....

This is a bold statement, but I think your coach took the job with his crosshairs squarely on Alcoa. It isn't like the guy never heard of them.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

This is a bold statement, but I think your coach took the job with his crosshairs squarely on Alcoa. It isn't like the guy never heard of them.

He tells the kids that winning a championship is the ultimate goal. He talks a bout it all the time and makes sure the kids understand that is why they do what they do.  I love that about him. In working with my students I have always taken the approach that if you aim for the moon and you happen to miss you at least hit the clouds. He seems to be the same way. 

We absolutely have to get more kid interested in football. There is way too much talent walking through those halls that never make it on to that field on Friday night. I have always said that if Covington could get about 10-20 of those kids, it could elevate their game to the next level. Focus also needs to be placed on the youth league and coordinate it with the high school. The strength and conditioning program has always been top notch. The coaching staff is as good as any IMO. I also feel like Covington could do a better job with camps and promoting the talent for exposure. This always attracts elite talent to programs when they know a coach is going to bust tail to get them noticed. Just a few things these 3A programs could do to get to that level. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

We absolutely have to get more kid interested in football. There is way too much talent walking through those halls that never make it on to that field on Friday night. I have always said that if Covington could get about 10-20 of those kids, it could elevate their game to the next level. Focus also needs to be placed on the youth league and coordinate it with the high school. The strength and conditioning program has always been top notch. The coaching staff is as good as any IMO. I also feel like Covington could do a better job with camps and promoting the talent for exposure. This always attracts elite talent to programs when they know a coach is going to bust tail to get them noticed. Just a few things these 3A programs could do to get to that level. 

I heard the numbers over at Crestview  are a little on the slim side. Just what I heard so may not be true.