Is it just me, or is football down

1OldPatriot

I definitely agree, think it's way down. Just a different game today, a lot less physical. Becoming more & more like flag.

And way way way too many State Champion classifications. Nine (9) state football champions. Definitely not what they used to be. Basically everyone & their sister can win one now.

And D!! is pure ridiculous, like practically 75% chance to win the state right off the bat in D!!, it's like what 4 teams in each division. D!! has fewer teams in an entire classification than most public's have in a reg local region/district. Kinna like participation trophy's. Like ole Roy Dillard, you think I'm joking but I'm not

2 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

My only argument with your beloved "red rebels" is the fact that to go 10 and 0 the program doesn't reach out to a top tier team, instead beating people down constantly, I just want to see a top 25 team vs top 25 team type matchup. I'd like to see how Marivul fairs against Mallard Creek NC or Martinsburg WVa. I know its only the IFL but still, wishful thinking 

Who? Duck Branch North Carolina? There was a guy on here a while back that kept talking about Duck Branch, NC. I think you are him, you nefarious, multi-account, agenda posting son-of-a-gun.  So you want a little ole 1,500 person school in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains to play a school with 2,600 students. 825 Lawrence. Show up.

2 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Here we go again rw87 thought when I was Compton that me and sweetscience were the same because some stuff we spoke alike, well I guess you can confirm to her I'm not sweetscience, and keep dreaming I'm someone else, trust me I'll sleep good at night 

Compton always brought up Duck Branch, NC. My SIL beat Duck Branch, He said we would match up just fine. Especially last season. 

39 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Who? Duck Branch North Carolina? There was a guy on here a while back that kept talking about Duck Branch, NC. I think you are him, you nefarious, multi-account, agenda posting son-of-a-gun.  So you want a little ole 1,500 person school in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains to play a school with 2,600 students. 825 Lawrence. Show up.

Mallard Creek is in Charlotte and they play on ESPN quite often. Thats the only reason I named them. And there's a team up in Wva thats straight beats people down like marivul so it would be interesting to see the 2 go at it 

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Who? Duck Branch North Carolina? There was a guy on here a while back that kept talking about Duck Branch, NC. I think you are him, you nefarious, multi-account, agenda posting son-of-a-gun.  So you want a little ole 1,500 person school in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains to play a school with 2,600 students. 825 Lawrence. 

I'm starting to wonder where greyrider has been the past few days? Its odd not hearing from him and his sitting in seat A self 

4 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

I guess you forgot about 2015 Oakland vs Hoover. Oakland actually held their own, losing 24 to 6. Marivul beat Oakland 27 to 13 that year, so tell me who was the better team?, since everyone always brings up the IFL

1 time. The goal is to win a state championship last I checked. 

4 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Mtf nobody is putting Oakland on the same level as Murvil. Alcoa is the only other team that can rival murvil. Oakland has become strong since 2016, there 4yrs of dominance doesn't isn't in the same stratosphere of what murvil has done the past 20yrs, so nobody will bash Oakland it's like if phillip rivers doesn't win a super bowl no one will bash him like they'll do Brady

You got posters on here acting like it's academic that Maryville is going to lose to Oakland. If your gonna hold Maryville to that standard, then the other elite programs across the state need to be held to that as well. 

Just 2 years ago, Maryville played Knox Catholic, Oakland and Alcoa in non-region. That's as tough as any non league slate you'll find in the country