Is it just me, or is football down

1OldPatriot

15 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

1 time. The goal is to win a state championship last I checked. 

You got posters on here acting like it's academic that Maryville is going to lose to Oakland. If your gonna hold Maryville to that standard, then the other elite programs across the state need to be held to that as well. 

Just 2 years ago, Maryville played Knox Catholic, Oakland and Alcoa in non-region. That's as tough as any non league slate you'll find in the country

I'd get bored if I was them. I'd be protesting to up 6a competition or reduce divisions in TN. You have wayyyy too many

24 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

1 time. The goal is to win a state championship last I checked. 

You got posters on here acting like it's academic that Maryville is going to lose to Oakland. If your gonna hold Maryville to that standard, then the other elite programs across the state need to be held to that as well. 

Just 2 years ago, Maryville played Knox Catholic, Oakland and Alcoa in non-region. That's as tough as any non league slate you'll find in the country

Mtf your not wrong with what you're saying, me personally I don't view Oakland in that light as murvil, murvil went to 12 or 13 straight championship, that will never be done again by anybody in 6a, Alcoa is elite but I give them a pass just because of the number of students they have against elite programs depth will be a issue with them.

I'm not a hater as they say I stood by murvil earlier in the season with potentially changing the name, I said it's nonsense, also went and congratulated them on the big Alcoa win. I thought 6a was wide open this season until this Friday, so all I'm saying is Oakland just made 6a a waste of time this season.

Now give Oakland a couple more titles then I'll start holding them to the same standards as murvil 

1 minute ago, StarBright87 said:

Mtf your not wrong with what you're saying, me personally I don't view Oakland in that light as murvil, murvil went to 12 or 13 straight championship, that will never be done again by anybody in 6a, Alcoa is elite but I give them a pass just because of the number of students they have against elite programs depth will be a issue with them.

I'm not a hater as they say I stood by murvil earlier in the season with potentially changing the name, I said it's nonsense, also went and congratulated them on the big Alcoa win. I thought 6a was wide open this season until this Friday, so all I'm saying is Oakland just made 6a a waste of time this season.

Now give Oakland a couple more titles then I'll start holding them to the same standards as murvil 

Agreed for the most part except that Oakland just all of a sudden became unbeatable because of a really good outing against Brentwood. While Brentwood is a good team, Oakland is a terrible matchup for them.

If Oakland is fortunate enough to beat Maryville, it's going to be by a close margin. 2018 playoffs is the extreme exception, not the rule.

9 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Okay murvil mafia let's be 100% real Alcoa had you guys shut down, then the starting linebacker gets carried out in a stretcher, a freshman replaced him so were talking about a 13-14yr old kid, then murvil took advantage of him. Rankings went for it on his side of the field and another series Alcoa rb just fumbled and gave yall another short field. You guys were in the negatives before that linebacker went down, had he not I still don't think murvil scores with the short field, Alcoa wins that game 16-0. But whatever happened-happened, we all came on the Murvil vs Alcoa thread and congratulated you guys, well deserved.

Now Oakland is a different monster, there's no depth issue here, I hope lord willing at the end of the season Db is state champion but I know that not realistic. Please be realistic or you guys will be heartbroken, 2020 murvil will not go to Oakland and be successful, I don't believe murvil could take last year team into Oakland and win. Since 2016 I already called it back then Oakland has caught up to murvil and neither team has been good enough since then to win on the other team field, and after this season this statement will still be true. 

Murvil fans relax an enjoy beating up on Bradley Central because you want no parts of the beast that awaits in the semi

I’m sticking up for my crosstown foe.

I guess you forgot they are coached by the best coach in this state and one of the top in the country probably

Talking about the future - they also return allot of starters next yr  

Oakland may be good this yr but last yrs Maryville would beat anyone in the state this yr too 

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Agreed for the most part except that Oakland just all of a sudden became unbeatable because of a really good outing against Brentwood. While Brentwood is a good team, Oakland is a terrible matchup for them.

If Oakland is fortunate enough to beat Maryville, it's going to be by a close margin. 2018 playoffs is the extreme exception, not the rule.

Some Oakland poster can't remember who it was basically said Oakland this season wasn't anything to brag about until they got 2 players maybe suspended or injured back on the team and that's what put Oakland on a different level this season 

17 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I’m sticking up for my crosstown foe.

I guess you forgot they are coached by the best coach in this state and one of the top in the country probably

Talking about the future - they also return allot of starters next yr  

Oakland may be good this yr but last yrs Maryville would beat anyone in the state this yr too 

Oh I agree with everything besides i think coach hunt is the best coach in tn, every team in tn wins with the best talent, murvil wins with talent spread in with spare parts