Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

17 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Christian was hand picked by Clark . The search committee was all for show. They had some top notch coaches apply for that job. A few from out of state as well as Witten. They never seriously considered anyone else. I've always called it the good ole boys club. I really thought Debusk would break all that up but it ain't gonna happen. Now being in the good ole boys club ain't necessarily a bad thing if you can coach. They have a few good coaches that you could say are in the good ole boys club.  I think Christian could make a good head coach but when you're hiring people for your staff just because their a buddy first and maybe not a good coach then you get results like we seen tonight. Science Hill has the exact same problem. Thats why neither will ever be anything more than they are today. Kings of the Tri-Cities.

Didn't they say they were doing a national search?

21 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Christian was hand picked by Clark . The search committee was all for show. They had some top notch coaches apply for that job. A few from out of state as well as Witten. They never seriously considered anyone else. I've always called it the good ole boys club. I really thought Debusk would break all that up but it ain't gonna happen. Now being in the good ole boys club ain't necessarily a bad thing if you can coach. They have a few good coaches that you could say are in the good ole boys club.  I think Christian could make a good head coach but when you're hiring people for your staff just because their a buddy first and maybe not a good coach then you get results like we seen tonight. Science Hill has the exact same problem. Thats why neither will ever be anything more than they are today. Kings of the Tri-Cities.

Ahh, wasn’t aware Clark handpicked him to be the coach. Geez, why would the AD give him that kinda leverage? Obviously I guess the AD is part of that club too it would seem. Me and every other OR fan were at least expecting y’all to run the table till the Alcoa game. Y’all looked dominant against us, at least on defense. But, I watched that Farragut game online and saw some weaknesses in the DB secondary that you’ve constantly alluded to the past few years on here. How is the secondary so bad? It’s not like y’all are void of talent back there. A strange phenomenon, indeed.

Edited by SweetScience

24 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Thanks SweetScience you know I bleed orange and black and I’m really in joying the hard work these young men have put in to be were they are today.We have a great community with great people that loves there football.We had the biggest crowd ever at Cookeville but know wonder after waiting over 81 years to get a gold ball.All I can say Go Betsy!!

Glad to see it buddy. Well deserved.

Debusk the AD took over the year after Christian was selected as coach. Honestly I'm not sure he is in that good ole boy category and might be there because of how the selection was made from the previous athletic director which I may add is and was a JC guy whose kids went to Johnson City school's as well. On a side note SH had DB's number tonight and won the game. DB gave up on the run game and caused a huge swing of momentum after the interception in the end zone and never recovered after that. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Waco who on the staff do you consider good and bad? Rank them for us. I really want to know what your take is on them 

52 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

Waco who on the staff do you consider good and bad? Rank them for us. I really want to know what your take is on them 

Wow,that's a loaded question. If I were going to answer that and nobody had a clue who I was, it would still be pretty tough.There are some really good coaches and former next level players on the staff.I would find myself being a good ole boy because there are a few that were there as coaches and a couple as teammates to one of my Indians. I guess it's pretty darn hard not to have a human factor into that kind of pick. Back in the day 10 years ago it was really easy for me to just say coach Watson ,Holt,Wagner,barrett ,Mullins,Christian and so on because some of those were my kids favorite coaches.A few of them are left and I know a few more and respect all those I know as coaches and leaders of young men.Hard not to like big TY for sure and we all know he brings a lot to the table .He also walked off the practice field with one of mine for the last time.Yep,I guess I'm just not qualified to pick and choose a staff .

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yep. The funny thing is when Clark retired (finally) Shawn Witten practically begged for the job and DB would barely talk to him. Now he is without question the best coach in upper east tn., with one state championship and headed for another. 

Ready to get rid of the coach again.  You would criticize Nick Saban if he was at db.   Lose 1 game and the sky if falling.  db fans are ridiculous, and embarrassment to the school.  I am sure the players read coach and think we need a new coach too.  Grow up!!

6 minutes ago, thehill23 said:

Ready to get rid of the coach again.  You would criticize Nick Saban if he was at db.   Lose 1 game and the sky if falling.  db fans are ridiculous, and embarrassment to the school.  I am sure the players read coach and think we need a new coach too.  Grow up!!

I mean we aint that picky. Atleast we dont have Stacy Carter. Hes the most immature person on the sideline including the players. The team from Johnson city players and coach are #1 in the state at throwing a fit over BS. Im not calling for the coaches head or anything. Its just frustrating when you take an unnecessary loss to an inferior team because we didnt come to play. The coaches and players are responsible. We handed them the game on a silver platter. I did enjoy the game live stream though since the sole commentary was abunch of Johnson city fans "Throw a Flag!!!!!! He tapped him on the shoulder!!!!!" *Hilltopper gets 2 uncalled for unsportsmanlike penalties because he is a little prick* "Thats BS!!!!! HOW IS THAT A FLAG!!!" They crack me up how dumb they are. Have a good day though. Was that you I was hearing???