Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

Wow, we barely hung on. Great win for OR. Played unbelievable d in the first half, but Powell adjusted and found something running the ball in the second half. I was really impressed with our pass defense, minus that one pass to #2 that went for the score for Powell. Held their star receivers and Potts in check for most of the night, which was encouraging. No huge plays besides the one to #2.

We were out gained quite a bit in the yardage department, but what matters is that final tally on the scoreboard, and have to give our guys credit for producing those turnovers and making something out of it. That’s what a good team does. What was not encouraging was how easily they ran the ball in the 2nd half though. What about that run by Kendall at the end? Talk about putting an exclamation on it. Great victory by OR, and great game to the Panthers. Powell has an incredible offense. A great HS football game.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oak Ridge defense played their heart out but was out of energy by 4th qtr.Refs sucked and screwed Oak Ridge out of a pic 6.Somebody explain to me why  grounding was called on Oak Ridge twice with a WR in the area.High school must have a rule I dont know.Powell run game was killing us late and the Oak Ridge play calling about cost us the game.That kick late by Oak Ridge was a joke.It was like a 25-30yd fg and I dont know if it made it to the end zone.Huge huge win and proud of the Cats.

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Wow, we barely hung on. Great win for OR. Played unbelievable d in the first half, but Powell adjusted and found something running the ball in the second half. I was really impressed with our pass defense, minus that one pass to #2 that went for the score for Powell. Held their star receivers and Potts in check for most of the night, which was encouraging. What was not encouraging was how easily they ran the ball in the 2nd half though. What about that run by Kendall at the end? Talk about putting an exclamation on it. Great victory by OR, and great game to the Panthers. A great HS football game.

I love Kendall when u really need a couple because he crashes thru guys like its nothing.Powell has a really good team.I really think the top 3 teams in 5A are all from one region

1 minute ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I love Kendall when u really need a couple because he crashes thru guys like its nothing.Powell has a really good team.I really think the top 3 teams in 5A are all from one region

Yeah, he’s a stud. Another 120+ yardage game on only 20 or so carries. See that lick he put on their LB earlier in the game, I think it was #32. He laid there for a minute. And yeah, I’m with you on the grounding calls. #14 was outside of the tackle box both times with receivers in the area on both occasions. Like you said, must be a different rule than college and pros is all I can figger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OR nole said:

That's what I thought. Hoped the AD would change his mind in the Covid era.

I think he did.  David Clary posted on FB this morning that it would be streamed via PrepRadio on YouTube.  I didn't try to watch, as I went to the game, but if it was, it will be posted on Monday or so.

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Good to see OR win. Makes me think that loss wasn’t too bad. They seem to figure things out later in the season, which makes no sense considering they have the talent to be top 5 in 5a to begin with. 

MJGB, we have been that way the past 10 years or so. I agree though, it’s strange. In 2010 we looked awful at the beginning of the season and made it all the way to the semifinals and lost 38-21 to Maryville, the eventual state champions that year. We’re a strange bunch, but with that said, I’d much rather peak later on than early on in the season! Good blowout win for your boys tonight. 

Edited by SweetScience