Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

9 minutes ago, DwayneSherlin said:

With that theory your opinion is worthless.  Its your opinion I understand and everyone is entitled to there own, but for you say our opinions as a Gallatin fan is not valid puts a light on your ignorance.   What's wrong did we beat you guys when you were in school and your still paissed.  I for one love the hate for Gallatin , probably a lot of whipped chapped #### on here.  Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.  

Gallatin is catching a major break! Period. Why would you upset the apple cart and agree with me? Of course your opinion will be whatever helps your team the most. That’s typically how fandom works in general. I have zero hate or dislike for Gallatin. I have loads of respect for that program and fan base! I just put out the facts and I’ve always been big on fairness. Gallatin did nothing wrong! It was the TSSAA that should have seen all this coming.

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Question for me is, did Hillsboro reach out to reschedule with Gallatin?

Unknown, but not Gallatin’s fault either way.  If they would have started on time then they would have played.  Our staff worked really hard to get 10 games after metro did not open on time.  It would have been unfair to any team that was scheduled to get dropped at a late date to accommodate one team while the other teams would not get the same treatment.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Unknown, but not Gallatin’s fault either way.  If they would have started on time then they would have played.  Our staff worked really hard to get 10 games after metro did not open on time.  It would have been unfair to any team that was scheduled to get dropped at a late date to accommodate one team while the other teams would not get the same treatment.  

Not really indy drop us to play their region game. Our staff was cool with it because it's a region game for them. PC found another game to play this week. So if both teams really wanted to they could make it happen. 

8 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Not really indy drop us to play their region game. Our staff was cool with it because it's a region game for them. PC found another game to play this week. So if both teams really wanted to they could make it happen. 

Yeah but the difference is metro did this to metro the outlying counties played their schedule.  Once again if they started on time there would be no issue.  Gallatin dodged nobody, look at who they picked up and look at who turned them down.  It just was not gonna happen.  Only week would have been the off week and then you have to drop a game to even play that one.  Then what about Hillwood??  How fair is that to them?  You cannot accommodate one just because it appears a team is undeserving and not the other. Just let it all play out however it falls and be glad your playing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Yeah but the difference is metro did this to metro the outlying counties played their schedule.  Once again if they started on time there would be no issue.  Gallatin dodged nobody, look at who they picked up and look at who turned them down.  It just was not gonna happen.  Only week would have been the off week and then you have to drop a game to even play that one.  Then what about Hillwood??  How fair is that to them?  You cannot accommodate one just because it appears a team is undeserving and not the other. Just let it all play out however it falls and be glad your playing.  

All correct. I would think Coach Watson would much rather play Hillwood or Hillsboro, however, in place of Glencliff if that could be worked out. We all realize it is what it is, but I don’t see any benefit to be playing Glencliff right before the playoffs. It’s a wasted week no matter how you cut it. The same can be said for Hillsboro facing Hunters Lane.

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

You are throwing blame around like metro teams didn't want to play. Metro coaches held a press conference to play. October 16th was open for Hillsboro and Gallatin. Hendersonville could've play Cane Ridge, I'm sure both of them would've been fine with it. 

2 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

You are throwing blame around like metro teams didn't want to play. Metro coaches held a press conference to play. October 16th was open for Hillsboro and Gallatin. Hendersonville could've play Cane Ridge, I'm sure both of them would've been fine with it. 

That’s cheap dude.  Hendersonville and  Gallatin have played consistently since 1964 no way that game is not played.  There is more interest in that game than almost any on the schedule.  

It may not be the players or coaches fault but the blame still lies on metro.  Cute memes mean nothing

54 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

That’s cheap dude.  Hendersonville and  Gallatin have played consistently since 1964 no way that game is not played.  There is more interest in that game than almost any on the schedule.  

It may not be the players or coaches fault but the blame still lies on metro.  Cute memes mean nothing

Ok cool! You have answered my question.

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Upvote 1

On 10/16/2020 at 10:50 PM, sportsguy22 said:

We desperately need the TSSAA to explain the plans for seeding these regions this year! Let me give one very specific upcoming situation and there are probably numerous issues like this all over the state. In Region 6-5A, Beech is headed for an unbeaten record clearly to get the top seed. The issue is dealing with the 2 seed since Hillsboro and Gallatin are not scheduled to play each other. In my opinion, Hillsboro is likely a big favorite to defeat Gallatin rather easily. I think they could have given Gallatin a COVID win over Hillsboro, but I’m unsure since metro wasn’t allowed to play at that time?? This is very crucial because if Hillsboro gets stuck with the 3 seed it is likely unfair and it certainly is very unfair for the 2 seed from Region 5 (likely Shelbyville) to get saddled with Hillsboro as opposed to Gallatin. Honestly, Gallatin and Hillsboro should play in the final week of the season and let Hunters Lane and Glencliff schedule other opponents...that’s the fairest way to handle it. But I’m not sure if the TSSAA is involved with any of these nightmare scenarios across the state? Maybe the TSSAA would allow Shelbyville (assuming they are the 2 seed from Region 5) by choice to drop down to the 3 seed because they’d likely much rather play Gallatin at this point than Hillsboro. Or maybe the TSSAA should seed based off both teams’ result vs. Beech (Hillsboro lost 14-7 and Gallatin plays Beech next week) This thing is messy! Any thoughts or input on this scenario or others like it?

I haven't read the 6 pages, I'll just start with your original post.   You'll get Hillsboro in the first or second round.   I know Puckett and making it to the second round isn't his objective.   Whether you lose in the first or second he doesn't care.  You have to get thru Hillsboro either way.

Edited by FridayMainEvent