Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

On 10/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, twistedtornado said:

DB folks have always been a class act with us Alcoa fans.  I hope we have shown the same respect towards y'all.  It should be a "slobberknocker" as always.  Looking forward to seeing us go at it on Thursday.  I like the tradition and passion you have for high school football.  Let's get at it!  

We went last year to Alcoa and the people there was most gracious. 

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Evur time ennybodee menshuns Kingsport eye cain't hep butt reemimburr tha lait grait King ov Kingsport......Bow yourn's haids.....

14457412_1238748116170727_1936995450817999195_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=jm97Y5RmI4UAX91yJA3&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=852bbbbca2b7a246dae99e1487d33b8a&oe=5FBE5333

Ron could get folks torn up.I loved to go and watch the fans more then the matches as a kid . I believe he kind of helped get Doug Furnas started wrestling later on.I was in a gym in Greeneville years ago and seen a couple of long haired guys that looked like the " Party boys " that I had seen a day or two before wrestling on TV.One overheard me making that statement,came over and interduced himself and sure enough it was them.They brought Doug back to put on a little bench press show .  Doug was one of the pound for pound or any way you want to say it,strongest humans to ever live.I went and watched him wrestle the Mongolian Stomper the next day.I know he could have killed the much older  Stomper but didn't.Pro wrestling might be fake on the outcome but Ron and those guys were still great athletes.

• Like 1

What a great match-up.  I love Alcoa scheduling these types of games.  I really feel like Alcoa takes this one.  Year in and year out their line play is amazing.  Defense is always tough.  I know DB will be hungry after last weeks let down, but I just think the continuous pounding of the ball that Alcoa will put DB, places them in a situation of loading the box and bam, Alcoa hits them down the field.  Good luck to both teams!

34 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Caiped Crewsaider....Tha King wuz tha best eye've evur seed.....:popcorneater:

Yes sir,the matches were fake but the fans were for real and Ron had to have a huge set just to get them that fired up.He had no filter in what he would say or do and they took it personally.I thought it was the funniest thing in the world as a kid.You imagine going to Walmart and just blurting out insults to every redneck you run into.Yep, pretty much the same thing except on a larger scale.From anyone I've talked to that worked with or knew him personally,he was a super guy away from the business .

• Upvote 1