South Pittsburg vs Joe Burns (Grider against this Adkins man)

Roy Dillard

6 minutes ago, rlh said:

You forget a 2 major detaila.  SP is NOT 28,000 people. Second, there are 3 high schools in Marion County and SP is the smallest.  That doesn't even take into account Richard Hardy.

I said your County has 28,000 people not So Pitt., So explain how you field a top notch team year in and year out .,

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, powerp said:

Kids want to play for winners...

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Consistence in the coaching ranks for starters.  

2 hours ago, oldraiderfan said:

I said your County has 28,000 people not So Pitt., So explain how you field a top notch team year in and year out .,

To go with the previous two answers, success breeds success. Many of the people that played in years past have kids and grandkids that play today. That doesn't always mean that you'll be good, but it does help.

A community that supports you and follows you.

A coaching staff that knows what they're doing and love it as well as love being a part of this kind of tradition.

Also attitude plays into it some. We go into it expecting to be good, or if in a down year, expect to be good again soon. The mental aspect can be as important as the physical one.

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yeah it’s been since 2010 we met at the championship game.  I understand the long drive for a lopsided game.  It seems a lot of teams are playing a lot of freshman and sophomores this year.  Because we have so many players people don’t realize we have a lot of freshman and sophomores too.  We have around 19 Sophomores and 18 Freshman.  A couple sophomores including standout J. Mount start or are in the mix.  We have 3 EXTREMELY talented freshman backs, and a freshman QB who is a standout baseball player.  

Yeah it sounds like SP has excellent young talent.  Our sophomore class is really small but we have a decent freshman class size...maybe 10-11?  They’re pretty talented but not really at the skill positions.  Our freshman RB went to Springfield this year so that sucks for us.  We’ll have to find a QB in the next couple years.  Should have some nasty linemen though.

17 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

To go with the previous two answers, success breeds success. Many of the people that played in years past have kids and grandkids that play today. That doesn't always mean that you'll be good, but it does help.

A coaching staff that knows what they're doing and love it as well as love being a part of this kind of tradition.

Also attitude plays into it some. We go into it expecting to be good, or if in a down year, expect to be good again soon. The mental aspect can be as important as the physical one.

A lot of truth here...one issue that hurts JB at times is that there are “better” options around here.  I say better because it’s subjective but my point is there are quite a few nearby options.  Some of our alumni has sent their kids to private schools and they could have helped us tremendously.  Davidson Academy and JPII are the most hurtful to us but it’s not like they are taking a bunch of players, but 1 or 2 here and there adds up.

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Definitely a plus having a great coaching staff, Hopefully we at Moore Co. have got a really good coaching staff ,They sure have brought this team around to be competitive, and hopefully go deep into the playoffs this year. 

4 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

A lot of truth here...one issue that hurts JB at times is that there are “better” options around here.  I say better because it’s subjective but my point is there are quite a few nearby options.  Some of our alumni has sent their kids to private schools and they could have helped us tremendously.  Davidson Academy and JPII are the most hurtful to us but it’s not like they are taking a bunch of players, but 1 or 2 here and there adds up.

Moto I garuntee I can let that Adkins man use that orchestration manual I stole from that Ryan man last year.  You think im joking but im not. 

7 hours ago, oldraiderfan said:

You ignored the other post I made where I laid out SP's bus route territory and cumulative populations of the communities.   Whitwell is one of the largest 1a schools in the state.  Your logic is flawed or they would be better year in and year out than the have been the past 15 years. They have their routes as well . . . Whitwell, Cross Roads, Condra's Switch, Victoria, Griffiths Creek, The Pocket etc.  Jasper is Jasper along with Hale Town, Nickel Town, Inman, Sequatchie, Sequatchie Mtn etc.

Edited by rlh