2A Mr. Football Semifinalists

Sweathog55

16 hours ago, pujo said:

Don't look like many High school player I've seen, he's a full grown man

Y’all got any players like that up your way pujo? That is a grown man for sure. Not sure how quick I’d step into a hole to meet him head on. Looks like a train tracking waiting to happen to me. 

6 hours ago, crow said:

Y’all got any players like that up your way pujo? That is a grown man for sure. Not sure how quick I’d step into a hole to meet him head on. Looks like a train tracking waiting to happen to me. 

Can't remember ever having one that looked this kid, Man amongst the kids.

Just now, pujo said:

And evidently a Great Kid, they don't let just anyone in Westpoint.

We are blessed at Peabody with great young men that are athletes,this year and next the Gannaway twins will gain state wide recognition ! Humble hardworking young men ! Many a times I look out my front door and see the Gannaways running laps at the field on their own time,They always thank and praise the Lord in all they do ! Coach Jacobs is a blessing and he molds these young men's minds as well as the game play !

15 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

We are blessed at Peabody with great young men that are athletes,this year and next the Gannaway twins will gain state wide recognition ! Humble hardworking young men ! Many a times I look out my front door and see the Gannaways running laps at the field on their own time,They always thank and praise the Lord in all they do ! Coach Jacobs is a blessing and he molds these young men's minds as well as the game play !

I can surely pull for a bunch like that. 

22 hours ago, pujo said:

In that case, I hate that Rankin didn't get nominated.

I agree he Rankin is a good player and the heart of that team but Meigs pretty much shut him down last year in the semi. The year before the TC qb killed us in the semi.

Last years team as well as the last couple of years team was Swaffords team. He was most of the time the only option and not because we didn't have other options.

Meadows didn't do much against Peabody because he didn't get the opportunities and there was numerous reasons for that. Our line couldn't handle Peabody, Swafford was go to guy, and our best receiver broke his leg in the semi and next best receiver was returning from a broken leg earlier in the season and not a real threat.

You got Meadows wrong.  Look what he did against South Pitt. and Oneida this year. 

Over 150 and 200 tough yards with I believe 3 tds.

Ask South Pitt. about how tough he is to stop.

I would guess Meigs scored more in the first half of the SP game than SP allowed the entire rest of the year.

And our line has improved.

Not you pujo

I was referring to the Peabody poster who said that about Meadows

Edited by Tiger2

22 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Gonna ruffle feathers but Meadows could get 30 yards on a good defense,I know I know Swafford was featured last year, but Meadows didn't want the ball after the Tide smacked that tail once or twice ! Only reason I say that is this is a Mr Football thread,he's a good back,good reciever good player Mr Football? Nope,sorry no sorry. Mr Football should be Rankin for his overall body of work with Khalik a close 2nd.

Don't agree. Read my last post. 

Last year your QB was a good choice but that running back was unstoppable.  Your QB had some good runs also behind that line. Peabody overall was a much more solid and stronger team who came out and dominated the second half. 

They will be difficult for anyone to handle this year but Meadows is a special talent. I think you will be surprised to see what him and Meigs do in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree he Rankin is a good player and the heart of that team but Meigs pretty much shut him down last year in the semi. The year before the TC qb killed us in the semi.

Last years team as well as the last couple of years team was Swaffords team. He was most of the time the only option and not because we didn't have other options.

Meadows didn't do much against Peabody because he didn't get the opportunities and there was numerous reasons for that. Our line couldn't handle Peabody, Swafford was go to guy, and our best receiver broke his leg in the semi and next best receiver was returning from a broken leg earlier in the season and not a real threat.

You got Meadows wrong.  Look what he did against South Pitt. and Oneida this year. 

Over 150 and 200 tough yards with I believe 3 tds.

Ask South Pitt. about how tough he is to stop.

I would guess Meigs scored more in the first half of the SP game than SP allowed the entire rest of the year.

And our line has improved.

Not you pujo

I was referring to the Peabody poster who said that about Meadows

Rankins is a defensive guy. A force at the linebacker position. He was never the best rb but if you need someone to get you the tough yards. He’s your guy.

I wish defensive play was accounted more for this award. 

Edited by PiddyDaFull