South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

I would love to see some misdirection on offence. We ran the ball good but we are pretty predictable at times. A screen or a reverse just to mix it up some. Monterey has a good team and punched us in the mouth the 1st half. To much arm tackling in first half and not squaring up. 2nd half they played ball. Better play 4 qts next week.

5 minutes ago, team69 said:

I would love to see some misdirection on offence. We ran the ball good but we are pretty predictable at times. A screen or a reverse just to mix it up some. Monterey has a good team and punched us in the mouth the 1st half. To much arm tackling in first half and not squaring up. 2nd half they played ball. Better play 4 qts next week.

We ran the counter play that’s a little misdirection.  I felt we needed to run the wingt a little more.  We also needed someone to block the gap between the tackle and guard.  Meigs and Monterey both shot that gap to meet us in the backfield.  Fortunately we have Mr Football as a RB.  

1 hour ago, powerp said:

Final thoughts, offense played well. Really wasn't stopped all night long. The first half we were flat defensively I thought. We came out and played second half like I thought we would the first. Good task ahead in Gordonsville. According the the Monterey radio guys they will shut us down because we are a one man show. We shall see.

Also, for as much as I get on to him, Sanders played a great game tonight at qb. Had the one pick but that was good defense on Monterey part.

15 yd penalties on both their drives in 1st half killed us. I believe we had 3. The refs were late on some whistles and their #4 was a player. They finally figured out you couldn't arm tackle him. Braden threw the ball well tonight. They had all 11 6 or 7 yds off the LOS several times. Going to have to take some shots down field to loosen that up. We very capable of doing just that. Frame and Da da both ran hard. Get ready for Gordonsville boys they ain't going to roll over.

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I think Monterey will have it slightly easier in 2A. We'll see.

However, I was a little disappointed when I heard tonight that Hughes didn't want to play Clay and Gville next year in non-region games.

Wow! That’s hard to believe! I was telling my son last night that I think Monterey will do better in 2A! I moved back to Monterey 3 weeks ago so I hope to catch a lot of games next year! We have always played Clay they been in Region even when I was in High School and Gordonsville has became a very good game and rival! 

I just listened to the Monterey broadcast. Who are these fools? They are unprofessional  and know nothing about the game of football in general. They were saying SP can’t handle those undefeated 11-0 teams in the west like Lake County and Huntland. Do they research anything?  If I were the administration at Monterey I would get ahold of these Beverly Hillbilly, inbred, back woods announcers. Did they come from The Hills Have Eyes movie set or Wrong Turn? I’ve never in my life heard anything as demeaning as these guys. Calling our stadium the coliseum because we have so many people in our community that helps make it nice? If you want to hear how it’s done by real announcers then listen to the SP replay. Complete IDIOTS. One of them forget to put his dentures in because it was obvious he was a toothless wonder. When you announce a game you are representing a school and those guys surely aren’t representatives of that school. 

4 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I just listened to the Monterey broadcast. Who are these fools? They are unprofessional  and know nothing about the game of football in general. They were saying SP can’t handle those undefeated 11-0 teams in the west like Lake County and Huntland. Do they research anything?  If I were the administration at Monterey I would get ahold of these Beverly Hillbilly, inbred, back woods announcers. Did they come from The Hills Have Eyes movie set or Wrong Turn? I’ve never in my life heard anything as demeaning as these guys. Calling our stadium the coliseum because we have so many people in our community that helps make it nice? If you want to hear how it’s done by real announcers then listen to the SP replay. Complete IDIOTS. One of them forget to put his dentures in because it was obvious he was a toothless wonder. When you announce a game you are representing a school and those guys surely aren’t representatives of that school. 

They ain't one actor in Hollywood that could imitate that mess.

Old Pirate says congratulations to the Pirates on getting to the next rung on the latter in search of Gold. OP seriously encourages the SP players to listen to The Captain & coaches.  The SP sideline guru prognosticators yapping constantly about mercy ruling does nothing but encourage over confidence while disrespecting your opponent. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

@MontereySportsNetwork guys first of all it was good to see you before the game started, however respect lost by the many comments made during your broadcast . Very unprofessional but from what I am hearing from other teams, that not uncommon at all . Do us a favor, come on over to Gordonsville next week and watch  the Pirates play since you won’t have anything else to do . Oh yeah, there are NO undefeated teams left in the West as you indicated in 1A. 

As to the Wildcat football , congrats on a great season. You guys played very hard and gave us fits all night . #4 is a heck of a ball player and that line is huge and nasty . A little excessive at times but means streaks are what it takes in the trenches. 

Edited by piratetom

28 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Glad you beat me to it. I was really shocked at what I was hearing since I had listened to a few of there games. They didn't know what a 25 second play clock was and had one guy with xray vison that called  one of our ints  a trap and he's 50 yards from the play and the ref that called it is 3 yards from it in front of there bench and there coaches didn't even make a challenge about it. Also The bank comment about it being in Chattanooga, WRONG!!  They were talking about the sponsors. Yes we do have rail birds that get excited, so what? They should see a packed house!! Oh well, guess when you get your tails whipped it's easy to hate. But we've worked hard at SP to have what we do. 

12 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

Monterey is better than advertised. When they played us it was probably the best team I’ve saw them have. They’re not SP good but they’re a solid ball team

LOPAO, Doubt the SP coaches failed to recognize & advertise Monterey deserved respect. Old Pirate says congratulations to Monterey on a fine season and thanks for giving a lesson to the Pirates on toughness. Congratulations to the #4 Bowman, the youngon played a great game. Hopeful someone has the game stats and can provide the # of tackles he made. Monterey will make some noise in 2a the next few years.