• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Poundtherock23

Springfield vs Hardin County

3 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

If y’all had to rate this years Jacket team compared to last years team. What would you say?

Last yr team in first 11 games probably 7.5 and this probably a 9 out of 10. IMHO

I’ve watched what games I found of yalls this year. Kinda thought y’all looked every bit as good as last year if not better.  Just being honest I really think HC ‘s D will have trouble slowing y’all down enough to win. Because I think yalls D will match up pretty well against the HC offense. But I just hope we can keep it close going into the 4qtr and you always have a chance to win.

11 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I’ve watched what games I found of yalls this year. Kinda thought y’all looked every bit as good as last year if not better.  Just being honest I really think HC ‘s D will have trouble slowing y’all down enough to win. Because I think yalls D will match up pretty well against the HC offense. But I just hope we can keep it close going into the 4qtr and you always have a chance to win.

You pulling that old school Lou Hotlz approach? "I just hope we can keep it close".

In all honesty, this is on heck of a match up. I'm think what HC can do in the run game benifits them a lot. They have found different ways to get the ball into Pope's hands and he's just as explosive as anyone. I also noticed they've sent Whitley down the seam a few times. I didn't see that against Lexington.

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

Most of our games this year are available on YouTube via Social Dweebs. They had a couple that they had streaming issues with and couldn’t video.  

Hardin’s passing game worries me. We had a hard time against Marshall County but our best corner was injured early and didn’t return and our young guys on defense hadn’t grown up yet. I think we’ve improved in pass coverage but we will know more Friday night. 

The field will be a lot better Friday night than it was last year hopefully. 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:20 AM, JacketLover said:

Is the Hardin County placekicker a female?

A back-up kicker. Young lady was Football Queen at Homecoming several weeks ago, a member of the HC Women’s Soccer Team, and has now become the first young lady to score in the regular and post-season!

9 minutes ago, HCTiger56 said:

A back-up kicker. Young lady was Football Queen at Homecoming several weeks ago, a member of the HC Women’s Soccer Team, and has now become the first young lady to score in the regular and post-season!

Thanks. I read where she scored the other night so I was wondering. 

49 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Most of our games this year are available on YouTube via Social Dweebs. They had a couple that they had streaming issues with and couldn’t video.  

Hardin’s passing game worries me. We had a hard time against Marshall County but our best corner was injured early and didn’t return and our young guys on defense hadn’t grown up yet. I think we’ve improved in pass coverage but we will know more Friday night. 

The field will be a lot better Friday night than it was last year hopefully. 

I hope the field conditions are better for sure. Last year was a mess. Yes HC can hurt you in the pass plays. Hunt can deliver and Pope and Garner can get em. Lot of eyes on Pope but Garner is a good WR as well. I still think with Whitley being healthy this year has made all the difference in this team. He has had a heck of a year. Runs the ball hard! This team is fun to watch. 

21 minutes ago, HCTiger56 said:

Finally another Tiger fan on the T. Welcome aboard. 

3 hours ago, 1Eugatnom said:

You pulling that old school Lou Hotlz approach? "I just hope we can keep it close".

In all honesty, this is on heck of a match up. I'm think what HC can do in the run game benifits them a lot. They have found different ways to get the ball into Pope's hands and he's just as explosive as anyone. I also noticed they've sent Whitley down the seam a few times. I didn't see that against Lexington.

You accusing me of sandbagging lol. No I think  HC will have an opportunity to win this game. You right about the seam route . Had that against Milan didn’t take adv.of it. Pope had two TD’s on sweeps against WHH. He can fly. Defense looked really good against WHH as well. Shut there run game down! Coach Smith will have a good game plan for this game.

I worry more about the passing attack of Hardin than the run. Our run defense has been very solid all year. Its funny i worry more about passing attack because i believe we have 10 or 11 ints this year. Our defense turned a page after marshall and they have been playing lights out. I honestly think both teams will score and this could turn into an old fashioned shoot out

How is HC pass protection? I like the speed rush the Jackets have. HC may try to hit the Jackets with quick passes if they are able to  get in the back field quick. I like the personal in the secondary for the Jackets. They will be tested for sure. 

My biased opinion Jackets win 38-35

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian2000 said:

How is HC pass protection? I like the speed rush the Jackets have. HC may try to hit the Jackets with quick passes if they are able to  get in the back field quick. I like the personal in the secondary for the Jackets. They will be tested for sure. 

My biased opinion Jackets win 38-35

That is a pretty reasonable prediction, I believe due to the speed rush of the Jackets HC will throw in some screens, I am not sure if they have run many screens this season but I believe this will be a wrinkle they work in for the Jackets.....

THIS is the kind of game I get really excited for, I know they like to show a lot 6A playoff games on MyTv30 during the playoffs but this is the game of the week imo, not withholding some bias but still, it is in the discussion.....