Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

51 minutes ago, TnBear said:

Jalen Hunt is a better than any back than Alcoa has on their roster. When you see him you will understand. He is just small. 3-4 more inches and 20lbs kid would be a power 5 player. His listing is very very generous. The kid is probably no taller than 5'6. 

Insert face smack emoji right here

52 minutes ago, TnBear said:

Jalen Hunt is a better than any back than Alcoa has on their roster. When you see him you will understand. He is just small. 3-4 more inches and 20lbs kid would be a power 5 player. His listing is very very generous. The kid is probably no taller than 5'6. 

Mr. Sankey would beg to differ, so would Mr. Cox.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

We can't kick field goals, remember.

Lol , I didn't figure it would take 10 seconds for you to write something like  that .From the start  of the season,that was another thing to be worried about but it's go time now and DB just needs to go and do what McMinn  done 12 years ago.

32 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Athens paper stated he ran for 170. Not sure which is correct 

Not saying that Hunt isnt great or that he might get some nice runs on us here and there, but our Front 7 has proven that your really not gonna consistently run on us. And idk why were even talking about running, Yes our Front 7 is legit, but if you can throw AT ALL were in trouble. i want to say we would be okay but our Offensive play calling since the science hill game has just been terrible in big moments. Let me tell what were gonna do. 

Were gonna run the ball physically and often down the field. Then even though we went right down the field were gonna start with these "trick" plays or cute playcalling trying to fake you out. because we want to prove how smart we are. this Past friday night is almost cost us the game. It DEFINITELY  cost us the science hill game. The alcoa game was a little different because we had to pass alot more to drive the ball. My point is is that even though everybody in the world knows our biggest Strength is our Offensive Line we dont want to keep using them doing what they do best. Zane to his credit makes alot of plays of of those "cute and smart" plays, but if you look at the Science hill game, We turned the ball over on those type of plays and if he has an off day throwing then were in 2nd and 3rd and long situations. Sometimes its not a hard game, sometimes you can just break a teams will by just lining up running down their throat, im not saying NEVER  to pass but we get away from our strength WAY too much

I know we dont have the best athletes out there, but our O line is elite when running the ball, and its about time we use them the way other teams would, Ty has really done a great job. Probably the best coaching job on the team, between him or Fleming

Edited by Indian2424

29 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Lol , I didn't figure it would take 10 seconds for you to write something like  that .From the start  of the season,that was another thing to be worried about but it's go time now and DB just needs to go and do what McMinn  done 12 years ago.

I'm not talking bad about the kicker. He's just can't kick field goals. It's that simple. But I'll tell you this. I really like his kickoffs. He kicks it high and short, and it drops around the 20 like a bag of sand. Teams have a hard time handling it. 

1 hour ago, oldhick76 said:

Hunt ran for 230 yds against Maryville, but the Rebs keep him out of the end zone. He played both ways, looked a bit tired towards the end of the game.

Maryville vs Alcoa is played a little harder/higher level than Maryville vs McMinn. The Maryville kids have a little bit harder time getting up for a game they normally win by 40

if they play rd 3 you will see them play at the higher level due to what’s in front of them——-Maybe

I'm not saying Mcminn can't win this game, this game is iffy, like me and starsnbars pointed out weeks ago Mcminn is as good team with too many players going both ways. I think Mcminn had to get a big cushion by halftime and hang on for dear life to pull it out, if the game is close at halftime I believe Db depth overcomes Mcminn. Whatever reciever Jalen Hunt is covering I would send him on a Go route everytime to wear him out.

3 hours ago, Indian2424 said:

Not saying that Hunt isnt great or that he might get some nice runs on us here and there, but our Front 7 has proven that your really not gonna consistently run on us. And idk why were even talking about running, Yes our Front 7 is legit, but if you can throw AT ALL were in trouble. i want to say we would be okay but our Offensive play calling since the science hill game has just been terrible in big moments. Let me tell what were gonna do. 

Were gonna run the ball physically and often down the field. Then even though we went right down the field were gonna start with these "trick" plays or cute playcalling trying to fake you out. because we want to prove how smart we are. this Past friday night is almost cost us the game. It DEFINITELY  cost us the science hill game. The alcoa game was a little different because we had to pass alot more to drive the ball. My point is is that even though everybody in the world knows our biggest Strength is our Offensive Line we dont want to keep using them doing what they do best. Zane to his credit makes alot of plays of of those "cute and smart" plays, but if you look at the Science hill game, We turned the ball over on those type of plays and if he has an off day throwing then were in 2nd and 3rd and long situations. Sometimes its not a hard game, sometimes you can just break a teams will by just lining up running down their throat, im not saying NEVER  to pass but we get away from our strength WAY too much

I know we dont have the best athletes out there, but our O line is elite when running the ball, and its about time we use them the way other teams would, Ty has really done a great job. Probably the best coaching job on the team, between him or Fleming

.....DB's front 7 going to have to play as good as they did against Alcoa. McMinn's OL is big and physical and can get a little nasty. It will be an interesting match-up on both sides of the front 7's......McMinn's defense may be a little under-rated. Believe this is one of the best Round 2 match-ups statewide.

• CoachT locked this topic