Let's talk " West Ridge High School Wolves " Sullivan County / Kingsport

kingindian33

Speaking of enrollment questions, when the first enrollments came out Whitehaven from Memphis was listed as having less than 1500 students and were "potentially" classified as a 5A school.  Shelbyville was the smallest 6A school, how did Whitehaven suddenly come up with over 1500 students and be classified as 6A.

Went by the school today and noticed much work has been done on placing the stands at the football field. I must say the size of the home side and visitor stands look rather small. I realize they aren't finished yet however if what we see is what we are getting  then it is really underwhelming. In fact the visitor seating at South looks larger than the home side at West Ridge. 

• Like 1

Just now, 83SouthRebel said:

Went by the school today and noticed much work has been done on placing the stands at the football field. I must say the size of the home side and visitor stands look rather small. I realize they aren't finished yet however if what we see is what we are getting  then it is really underwhelming. In fact the visitor seating at South looks larger than the home side at West Ridge. 

Totally agree, passed the school and was thinking that it was extremely small. 

On 11/13/2020 at 11:05 AM, blazer1set said:

Is it possible that Witten would want to try a 6A school?

They've been tight with the money every step of the way. Even talking at one point about putting the project on hold after they had started construction. Their not going to put out the money it would take to bring in Witten or any other top tier coach. I actually think Clark could end up there. 

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They've been tight with the money every step of the way. Even talking at one point about putting the project on hold after they had started construction. Their not going to put out the money it would take to bring in Witten or any other top tier coach. I actually think Clark could end up there. 

How true, Another great post!!

Edited by DBturningitAROUND
Spell

11 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

I go by it everyday and seen that to the other day and thought the bleachers look kinda small.Wonder if there's a picture of what it's suppose to look like?

20 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

I go by it everyday and seen that to the other day and thought the bleachers look kinda small.Wonder if there's a picture of what it's suppose to look like?

The only picture I have ever seen is from what looks like a blue print of the plans. Hard for me to tell from those prints. Very disappointing if what we are seeing is the finished product. When the Wolves play the Indians for example, that small visitor side wouldn't hold the DB band, let alone the many fans that DB brings.