Milan vs South Gibson rd 3

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

On paper Milan is favored to win the game. Thank God we do not play the games on paper. Milan and SGC sure have played some barn burners in years past. This game has all of the ingredients to make it another barn burner. Let's see what happens when we put it in on the stove and turn up the heat! 

At this point it looks like the weather is going to hold for us. 

I want a clean, injury free game for both teams. Also, I really, really, do not want this game to come down to the officials. This never ends well. Officials are always in a tough spot, and I have learned to not take it so personal when we get a bad call. I have gone back and looked at some plays that I thought were " bad " calls in the past and I would have egg on my face if there were instant replay. You can not possibly see what the refs do so I have learned to give them a lot of grace. 

Much respect for the boys in purple from this guy. They sure do have a good team. Let's strap it up and see what happens! 

GO HORNETS!!! 

LRDAO...i garuntee youll have to beat the kids that big purple bowel movement is bringing in from Jackson to.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

On paper Milan is favored to win the game. Thank God we do not play the games on paper. Milan and SGC sure have played some barn burners in years past. This game has all of the ingredients to make it another barn burner. Let's see what happens when we put it in on the stove and turn up the heat! 

At this point it looks like the weather is going to hold for us. 

I want a clean, injury free game for both teams. Also, I really, really, do not want this game to come down to the officials. This never ends well. Officials are always in a tough spot, and I have learned to not take it so personal when we get a bad call. I have gone back and looked at some plays that I thought were " bad " calls in the past and I would have egg on my face if there were instant replay. You can not possibly see what the refs do so I have learned to give them a lot of grace. 

Much respect for the boys in purple from this guy. They sure do have a good team. Let's strap it up and see what happens! 

GO HORNETS!!! 

Likewise bro. Likewise 

23 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It wasn’t summer. It was fall break. I actually enjoyed it more. Great weather. Not as hot and humid. 

If you are in Florida from Nov to April you see why old people move here to die. Absolutely perfect in the winter. Worst part is dealing with all the rude Yankees that come down in the winter. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Every time I have to go to that cow pasture they call a field, all I smell is the manure. Is it actually manure or the people there....jury is still out on that!

Martin native, it’s the people! They try to carry martins reputation of having wealthy people and outdo us and fail miserably. You’d much rather hang around a herd of cows than them. Out of all weakley county cities Dresden is hated the most. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Martin native, it’s the people! They try to carry martins reputation of having wealthy people and outdo us and fail miserably. You’d much rather hang around a herd of cows than them. Out of all weakley county cities Dresden is hated the most. 

Dresden's fan base is the worst! They are so rude and complain about everything that the refs call. Girls basketball is no holds barred( their fans are the worst here)... because that's the only thing Dresden is consistent winning in.

10 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Dresden's fan base is the worst! They are so rude and complain about everything that the refs call. Girls basketball is no holds barred( their fans are the worst here)... because that's the only thing Dresden is consistent winning in.

I thought Westview was the only school that had a BBall team in Weakley county. 

J/K

I think in order for South Gibson to win this game they are going to have to get vertical with the passing game early in this game. If they try to come out and run right at Milan I don’t think they will have much offensive success. The linebackers for Milan get off blocks well and flock to the ball. I think South Gibson is going to have to get vertical and get us to back off their running game. This will allow them to be balanced on offense.  The only problem is I don’t think they match up too well with our secondary. I think our secondary can man up on their receivers and allow the rest of the team to key on the run. They are gonna have to take shots off of play action and the quarterback is gonna have to be on the money. May only have a couple of good looks in the passing game and can’t afford to make bad throws. Gotta take advantage of it when it is there.  If the Hornuts make a couple of plays in the passing game I think it can be closer but my official prediction is 28-7 Dawgs.