McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

49 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Yes, to the first statement. 
Monday is simply too late. TSSAA should have had all the info they needed by noon Saturday & played three game Saturday night. 
Now it’s spilling over to impacting Maryville & future games. 

I agree with that. I wish they would get it together but they have said monday is when they will decide

This is McMinn County’s fault. Shouldn’t they have communicated to the Dobyns Bennett staff during the week that one of their players was getting tested for Covid-19 out of caution?  That tells me what they were going to do if it had come back positive. Sweep it under the rug and tell no one. Maybe that’s what they’re still trying to do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

This is McMinn County’s fault. Shouldn’t they have communicated to the Dobyns Bennett staff during the week that one of their players was getting tested for Covid-19 out of caution?  That tells me what they were going to do if it had come back positive. Sweep it under the rug and tell no one. Maybe that’s what they’re still trying to do. 

Why would they need to communicate that. Has DB communicated that to other teams when they had positive tests? I highly doubt it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Why would they need to communicate that. Has DB communicated that to other teams when they had positive tests? I highly doubt it.

In week 6 DB had some type of covid issue (we never found out exactly) and they let Boone know a couple of days before the game.    Or maybe the health dept did it, I'm not sure.
There was a lot of finger pointing, speculation, "I heard...", "they say...", etc. but in the end the game was cancelled.     Boone claimed DB never gave them enough info, DB claimed Boone was just afraid to play (which is ridiculous, we knew last year when the game was scheduled we would lose.... Boone schedules several non-winnable games each year).    I have no idea who was really at fault in that one but DB did let us know a few days before game time.
There is something about this MCMINN game though that does not pass the smell test....  the word leaks out 40 minutes before the game starts?!?!?     Nah, not buying it, something is fishy somewhere....

1 hour ago, reevesr said:

What's very likely is that the gutless TSSAA will declare it a no contest, both teams are out, and Maryville gets a bye and extra week to rest, scout, and get ready for Oakland.  That way they don't have to make a tough decision, and help out one of the state darlings!  Don't be surprised with that result!!

Not as darling as you reeves,r.

tee hee hee

How do men really feel about overweight women? If a woman is overweight,  would a guy still ask her out? - Quora

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

In week 6 DB had some type of covid issue (we never found out exactly) and they let Boone know a couple of days before the game.    Or maybe the health dept did it, I'm not sure.
There was a lot of finger pointing, speculation, "I heard...", "they say...", etc. but in the end the game was cancelled.     Boone claimed DB never gave them enough info, DB claimed Boone was just afraid to play (which is ridiculous, we knew last year when the game was scheduled we would lose.... Boone schedules several non-winnable games each year).    I have no idea who was really at fault in that one but DB did let us know a few days before game time.
There is something about this MCMINN game though that does not pass the smell test....  the word leaks out 40 minutes before the game starts?!?!?     Nah, not buying it, something is fishy somewhere....

Exactly. McMinn claims the player was no threat. If the player was no threat why did he travel without the team? Why did he not stand on the sideline? Why was he made to sit in the stands? It's almost like they were protecting their team from further exposure. And on top of all that DB is supposed to just play the game because he has a note that says he was negative? I don't think so. Why would Dobyns Bennett risk playing the game without all the facts? Even if they win they could be exposing themselves and putting the game at Maryville in jeopardy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

Exactly. McMinn claims the player was no threat. If the player was no threat why did he travel without the team? Why did he not stand on the sideline? Why was he made to sit in the stands? It's almost like they were protecting their team from further exposure. And on top of all that DB is supposed to just play the game because he has a note that says he was negative? I don't think so. Why would Dobyns Bennett risk playing the game without all the facts? Even if they win they could be exposing themselves and putting the game at Maryville in jeopardy. 

Do you really think that DB has not played a game this year that included an athlete on their team or the opposing team that had Covid?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Do you really think that DB has not played a game this year that included an athlete on their team or the opposing team that had Covid?

Boone game was cancelled because of a Covid-19 threat. Indians communicated with the opposing team days before the game so things could get sorted out. Unlike McMinn who wasn't going to say anything if it weren't for an anonymous tip. 

Sounds to me like the Cherokees were trying to keep this situation awful quiet. 

Edited by Tribefan98

1 hour ago, reevesr said:

What's very likely is that the gutless TSSAA will declare it a no contest, both teams are out, and Maryville gets a bye and extra week to rest, scout, and get ready for Oakland.  That way they don't have to make a tough decision, and help out one of the state darlings!  Don't be surprised with that result!!

Yep. Was just coming here to say that I fully expect the TSSAA to not allow either team to move on. 

Based on what I've read in this thread, and only on that, I'd say that McMinn should advance.  Why would DB cancel the game without any positive test results.  Yet I'm stuck with the question that I can't get out of my head...why wasn't the guy playing if he was negative?

I'll admit I've only read about half of the posts.