State Wrestling Tournament

District12AA

I really think we need to admit we need to give up on the dual team tournament this year.  Multi team event is going to be impossible to hold without it becoming a super spreader event and shutting down the sport. 

Have the regional individual tourney on single day, then take a week off then hold the Individual state tourney. Hold no events during this break, so this will give kids 14 days in case they are exposed at a region.  Limit the size of individual state to top 16 and hold each division in separate place to keep size small and allow you to run it in a single day.  

You can hold the girls during the off weekend and the week after for coaches. 

I see this as is the only way we are going to have a tourney this year.  Especially now that UT had to pull out of their bowl game because they just had another big outbreak on their football team and staff.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, durdon said:

I really think we need to admit we need to give up on the dual team tournament this year.  Multi team event is going to be impossible to hold without it becoming a super spreader event and shutting down the sport. 

Have the regional individual tourney on single day, then take a week off then hold the Individual state tourney. Hold no events during this break, so this will give kids 14 days in case they are exposed at a region.  Limit the size of individual state to top 16 and hold each division in separate place to keep size small and allow you to run it in a single day.  

You can hold the girls during the off weekend and the week after for coaches. 

I see this as is the only way we are going to have a tourney this year.  Especially now that UT had to pull out of their bowl game because they just had another big outbreak on their football team and staff.  

Your logic doesn’t make any sense. It would be a more controlled setting for a dual state tournament than the individual state tournament.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Drippy said:

Did u see where I said not getting into politics? That's why I didn't put my views on them. All I said was the world could be different. Whatta dumbass 

"Not getting into politics" and then makes a political statement. The world wont be different after January 20th. idiot.

State duals will be held at different venues most likely in high schools in Williamson county. The field for each tournament will be cut in half with a sectional round put in there so that AAA will be an 8 team bracket A/AA 4 teams and so on. Two sites for AAA with four teams one mat and very little if any overlap of teams in the venue. The TSSAA is doing their homework and I guarantee they are working tirelessly to make a dual event and traditional event take place. There will be tournaments unless Gov. Lee shuts schools down again like he did last March. 

There are still a lot of details that have to be sured up in order for things to be finalized and that is why TSSAA has not put out any information yet. 

Unfortunately there will probably contact tracing that takes a toll on some teams/individuals in-between the regionals and states. I hope that doesn't come into play but the traditional tournament will be smaller for AAA it will likely be a 16 man bracket. With the top two from each region going. I just hope that all AAA regions wrestle for a true 2nd and that they are able to substitute a state qualifier if a top two finisher was to be quarantined and unable to go to state give the true 3rd place finisher the ability to represent that region at state. Lots of logistical issues that the TSSAA is trying to figure out. I was extremely impressed when listening to Mark Reeves talk about all the work the TSSAA has done in order to ensure we have post season events for wrestling. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ummmno said:

"Not getting into politics" and then makes a political statement. The world wont be different after January 20th. idiot.

Ur right the world may not be different so let me rephrase. America will be different because there's a completely new president going in office and that's as much politics I'll say. And if that bothers u ur the idiot. And I never got Into politics I simply stated a fact 

Edited by Drippy

The rumor that has the most legs is that the TSSAA Individual State Wrestling Tournament will be contested at the Chattanooga Convention Center.  AAA will use a 16 man bracket and all other divisions will compete using an 8 man bracket.  Each division will compete on different days and it will be a one day tournament.    

TSSAA just sent out info on it. For AAA state duals will be 8 teams and 16 man bracket. D2 and AA will have 4 teams for duals.  More info will come as they lock details down. 

For AAA it has this format

Region 1 Champion vs. Region 2 Runner Up
Region 2 Champion vs. Region 1 Runner Up
Region 3 Champion vs. Region 4 Runner Up
Region 4 Champion vs. Region 3 Runner Up
Region 5 Champion vs. Region 6 Runner Up
Region 6 Champion vs. Region 5 Runner Up
Region 7 Champion vs. Region 8 Runner Up
Region 8 Champion vs. Region 7 Runner Up

4 hours ago, Drippy said:

Ur right the world may not be different so let me rephrase. America will be different because there's a completely new president going in office and that's as much politics I'll say. And if that bothers u ur the idiot. And I never got Into politics I simply stated a fact 

here we go, another trumper mad that he lost. nothing is going to change. you guys all spew the same bs. convinced the dems are going to ruin the country and kill everybody when in reality nothing is going to change, our day to day will be the exact same.

2 hours ago, Ummmno said:

here we go, another trumper mad that he lost. nothing is going to change. you guys all spew the same bs. convinced the dems are going to ruin the country and kill everybody when in reality nothing is going to change, our day to day will be the exact same.

Chill man, if it's that much of an issue you guys should just settle it in the mat.

• Like 1