Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Although I try not to fuel anything 99.9 percent of the time , I understand how coaches want to send a message to their own team. I mean, Doe's Maryville really need anything posted to fire them up.So,I guess coach Christian probably gives two cents about what anyone thinks and just said what he thought.Joey is a big boy and not scared,so I suppose he wants his team to be the same.I like it,that's some Braveheart type of stuff.Now, let's see who gets fired up,the Indians or the Rebels.

Are you coming to the game big guy?

Dusty-Mantle.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels

2 hours ago, Tribefan98 said:

I’m glad he said what he said. Alcoa is far  more talented than Maryville. Anyone that says differently is either lying or burying their head in the sand. However for Maryville to be able to beat that much talent says a whole lot about their team. Hopefully we’ll get treated to a great high school football game. 

Alcoa is a great team and does have a few once in a lifetime players but bottom line is when they went for first down on 4th and short at midfield the whole game turned around completely. From that point forward they unravelled. A lot of Alcoa's best players got cramps which showed some of those players failed condition wise or that wouldn't have happened. You could plainly see panic set in as it went on from there. I thought losing 17 starters from last year's team would mean almost certain death for us right up to kickoff and even up to the failed fourth down call. No one player for Alcoa going out with an injury had a thing to do with Maryville coming back. Alcoa just ran out of gas come 4th quarter. Maryville's depth was just to much in the end. Winning against Alcoa doesn't make us better than D-B this coming Friday Night. D-B got my respect the way they manhandled Farragut. Losing to Alcoa didn't lose that respect or to S-H because crap happens. I look for a great game this Friday Night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rollnoles said:

But I also saw where Alcoa had a lot of receiver behind the DB defense back just if the QB was on target could have been worse. Is WaCoJa working with the DB this week helping out since he downs them so much. Maryville a different team in the playoff put all the static to the side. Going to be fun hearing his post game lol

I'm really way up in your head ain't I. Be careful switching back and forth between screen names. You might get confused.

34 minutes ago, wvlion said:

My heart hopes the Rebels hang 100 on DB but my head says 28-0 in favor of the Rebels.

There is a reason over the years that Maryville seems to beat other east TN teams by what looks like about the same type of score all the time.Say 35- 14 or something like that . They could have put a 100 up many times without question. That's one thing I noticed from way back. Maryville is just a class program and I guarantee you if DB or any other 6A east Tennessee team ever puts them out,they will show class in that loss as well as they have in those 800 plus wins.May the best team win in a few hours.

• Like 1

I didn't realize Coach Christian was such a big IFL guy !! So we lost in the imaginary Game to Alcoa 9-0 ... we had a much better game in that REAL game fortunately . Maryville is usually always pretty motivated ... they wouldn't have 18 ... ya that's right , 18 State Championships otherwise ... but a little extra never hurts ... so thanks ??!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Joey is doing interviews. Here is an excerpt and link. 

Welp thair ewe haiv hit......Coach Christian iz tellin' us whut he rilly thainks...This iz evun scirriur and scirriur.......Coach Christian's biggur, strongur, talentid, seenyour laidun, faistur, agin tha littlur, weakur, untalentid, yungur, slowur fellurs haz now mooved highur.....Dobbuns Bent-It haz mooved two a 133.7 pt. favritt.....:unsure:

Pore littull fellurs.....Bless thair harts.....:unsure: