Coaching openings

Mooreboy3

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, that’s him. There are several on staff that are qualified to take it. Several have been mentioned already. Grider, Stone, Dawkins, and Waggoner. I’m not sure if all or any of them want it though. Maybe Coach Grider stays around awhile longer and we don’t have to worry about it though. 

I really liked Coach Wagg as our head coach in Trousdale. I hated when he left for more money. 

3 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I really liked Coach Wagg as our head coach in Trousdale. I hated when he left for more money. 

He did not leave for the money alone...   He left because he wanted to run the program without Clint standing over his shoulder. I guarantee you that being an assistant at South Pitt pays less than the HC job at TC!!!

I will agree with you.. he seemed to be excellent coach who seemed to be a stickler for discipline, which from everything I have heard about TC’s program this year is not very important in Harstville right now!

19 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

He did not leave for the money alone...   He left because he wanted to run the program without Clint standing over his shoulder. I guarantee you that being an assistant at South Pitt pays less than the HC job at TC!!!

I will agree with you.. he seemed to be excellent coach who seemed to be a stickler for discipline, which from everything I have heard about TC’s program this year is not very important in Harstville right now!

I wouldn't say that these are grown men that are 18 and HC can't control what they decide to do when they aren't at school or football practice. But some kids were allowed to come back to okay that should have stayed off the team that ended up being a problem later on in the season and were kicked off the team for the second year in a row. So I guess you could say it was a problem this year.

6 hours ago, RTD said:

I wouldn't say that these are grown men that are 18 and HC can't control what they decide to do when they aren't at school or football practice. But some kids were allowed to come back to okay that should have stayed off the team that ended up being a problem later on in the season and were kicked off the team for the second year in a row. So I guess you could say it was a problem this year.

You are right you can’t control what teenage kids do all the time but you can’t allow their decisions to go without discipline. I have a knucklehead son who just turned 16 ! Bottom line is if they can’t act right or do right they don’t deserve to be on the team. Too many parents now days worry about being friends and whether their kid likes them more than disciplining them. It’s a Society problem! 

8 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee that Waggoner man is tough on our boys.  He was making them lift weights the Monday after that Morson man beat Grider.  Grider used to give our boys until after new year off.  You think im joking but im not. 

My son is a freshman and he says that Coach is working them hard in the weight room and is tough on them. He says coach puts up with no non sense... I love it, my son is so sore I just laugh at him! 

1 hour ago, Pirate1999 said:

I have a co-worker whose son plays at Bledsoe and says they will be good again next year. I look for Bledsoe, Marion, and Meigs to be a very tough region

Bledsoe still got their skill players lost most of the linemen and the fullback. They still going be tough I think they find them a coach too