Alcoa vs. Red Bank

twistedtornado

18 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes, if not the best, in company with the likes of Brandon Warren, Rae Sykes, Braylon Young, and some others I am forgetting.  He has been great to watch for 4 years!!!:thumb:

All those players were awesome.  But! Maryville was able to block those guys fairly well.  Grey Carroll tore Maryville a new one the last 3 seasons. 

35 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

All those players were awesome.  But! Maryville was able to block those guys fairly well.  Grey Carroll tore Maryville a new one the last 3 seasons. 

Point taking!

It will be interesting to see what #7, Cannon will look like in a couple of years. He maybe one of the best freshman I've ever watched at Alcoa.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I always wonder how 3A teams in the East would fare against similar teams in middle and west TN. Like Austin East last season against Covington or PC?.....like Loudon this year against Covington, SG or Westview? Can Red Bank hang with Milan ,Covington, or Stewart County? I used teams at random just as examples just for thought, but there would be some very interesting games!:thumb:

It may be fun to get one of those games on the schedule one year and meet somewhere in the middle. 

heck I guess Red Bank should just forfeit huh? I mean when I played you never knew what would happen on any given Friday...  everyone just completely disregards Red Bank size and speed. I get it that Alcoa is one of the greatest program's in the state. But this Red Bank team is a violent and fast group. They have 3 players with sec offers. And Majority of these starters will be playing ball on Saturday's!  Red Banks coach is a great one as well. I just think the game will be better show than you guy’s!  I can’t wait! 

3 hours ago, 10Redskin said:

It may be fun to get one of those games on the schedule one year and meet somewhere in the middle. 

Even thought we had no chance I'm sure everyone was pulling for GP, did they announce score at half. and Loudon and RB fans cheer. or go silent.  alcoa we move one day and Loudon/RB/AE/GP will get a shot .:mrgreen:

1 hour ago, harley04 said:

Even thought we had no chance I'm sure everyone was pulling for GP, did they announce score at half. and Loudon and RB fans cheer. or go silent.  alcoa we move one day and Loudon/RB/AE/GP will get a shot .:mrgreen:

Red Bank will be 4A next year sooooo, I guess it doesn't matter going forward. Why would Alcoa move up from a region they feel like they dominate yearly? They will stay in 3A til they are forced to move up,butttt that won't happen because they will keep that enrollment under.

1 hour ago, Infamousfootballfan said:

Red Bank will be 4A next year sooooo, I guess it doesn't matter going forward. Why would Alcoa move up from a region they feel like they dominate yearly? They will stay in 3A til they are forced to move up,butttt that won't happen because they will keep that enrollment under.

Alcoa was 2A until 2009 and then they moved up to 3A but still had 2A numbers. They elected to play up.  I’m fact they elected to lay up in 3A from ‘09-‘16 with 2A numbers. In 2016 they broke into 3A numbers wise and elect d to stay. Whey would they be scared to play up when they have done so more than just about any other team in the state?

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE