Semis..... Waverly travels to Peabody. What's your thought?

tigers90

7 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

The same can be said for wavo without Dooley transferring you would have been a .500 team at best 

Doubt it. QB from last year got put out for season with an injury game 1 vs Camden. He was a sophomore. A JR this year. Playing receiver and corner. Great Athlete. Also, Freshman QB who had to play against Scott Hill when 90% of our starters were out for contact tracing, put up 40 points. Kids a stud. Also playing other positions on this team. Still would have won Region. :popcorneater:

Edited by Trollin

52 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Funny. I’m curious tho... wonder how many kids that are on Peabody’s team currently and in the past several years were actually born raised Trenton kids, or how many actually moved into Trenton, say... to play football there? I’d say several are transplants. 

Not many now. Since I have taken over as Diffee’s official recruiting coordinator the big time recruits are now coming to Milan. The recruiting well is going to dry up quickly in Trenton. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Funny. I’m curious tho... wonder how many kids that are on Peabody’s team currently and in the past several years were actually born raised Trenton kids, or how many actually moved into Trenton, say... to play football there? I’d say several are transplants. 

Who are the transplants ? since you seem to know so much.  A lot these kids dads played football in Trenton. 

Wavo has a good back and qb.  We stop them or slow them down, we win.  We win big.  Our offensive line will wear their d-line down.  Our speed will overwhelm them.  If we open up the offense now that Driggers has gotten his playoff feet wet, and boy did he come through for us, we will score on our 1st 3 possessions.  stall on the next two and score multiple tds in the 2nd half.  

Prediction.  42-7

Edited by Golddoctor

I really hate hearing our fans get bashed for being proud of our facilites and our recent success,now Pride and his banter are prime targets,in our household at times as well, I guess if people knew Trenton instead of just mouthing off they would realize Trenton is a blue Collar diverse town where we all have our differences same as anywhere! On Friday night our kids from all walks of life get to wear the Black and Gold their cousins father's uncle's or grandfather's wear proudly! That night poor rich black white all God's children come together in pride and love . Trenton does put alot into all of our school extra curricular activities is soccer baseball soft ball volleyball and certainly football,this school system struggles daily but makes sure kids and community can be proud of the effort put forth for all students ! Mr Trollin I am sorry if you don't have that in Waverly and would hope you could be the change you seek to quote President Obama ! I know Peabody Pride and myself really enjoyed being in Waverly and y'all's fans was so nice to us ,I think maybe you feel slighted in some way or feel under appreciated as a program,I hope you find peace in yourself and GL to your Tigers any other game except this coming Friday

Signed a Mother of 3 Golden Tide students

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Wavo has a good back and qb.  We stop them or slow them down, we win.  We win big.  Our offensive line will wear their d-line down.  Our speed will overwhelm them.  If we open up the offense now that Driggers has gotten his playoff feet wet, and boy did he come through for us, we will score on our 1st 3 possessions.  stall on the next two and score multiple tds in the 2nd half.  

Prediction.  42-7

We have more than jus a QB  and a Rb. But if those is all you think you gotta stop.  Then jus let on them 

28 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Prediction.  42-7

They have a couple of really good recievers that will find their spots on the field,this game is simple though,Trench warfare,I know I say it alot and I mean it ALOT ! Waverly has several fast linemen and they could create matchup problems,I don't know that Wavos O line is gonna know what to do with Vaughn,Jones Baskerville and Burkett though ! Boldin will adjust and that's when this game will get real,second half will tell all for both squads ! I like your bold prediction though,do you think this Waverly Squad is better than RS from Semis last year?