Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes the whole staff and town are fired up but I imagine him especially would have some extra motivation. This coaching staff has made it known from day one that the goal was to knock off the Tornadoes. Now they got their chance. 

Hmm yet they are running to 4a??

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes the whole staff and town are fired up but I imagine him especially would have some extra motivation. This coaching staff has made it known from day one that the goal was to knock off the Tornadoes. Now they got their chance. 

BPM is a wealth of knowledge. Good guy to know. There have been several times that I needed to know something about how playoff structure would work out, or who my Hornets would get.... He always has the answer. Also, he is really ugly. This is all. 

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I look at it this way with Alcoa, you might win a fight but won’t win the war against them. Just ask CPA and all the other schools that beat them a time or 2

Great point. 

I remember the Covington team of 2017 and the Liberty team from 2015 ( I think )  

Both of those teams had by a country mile the best teams I had seen all year.... Did not work out well for them. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great point. 

I remember the Covington team of 2017 and the Liberty team from 2015 ( I think )  

Both of those teams had by a country mile the best teams I had seen all year.... Did not work out well for them. 

Those were great teams. In the era of the spread and passing. Alcoa is one of the true teams that come to my mind they try and break your will. I’ve seen a lot of their state games over the years. The last time Milan and Huntingdon in 04 were the only teams I can remember from this area to not let the break their will. In 04 Huntingdon played out of their minds and did stuff I don’t think Alcoa was expecting. I believe they had over 250 passing which in Huntingdon is very rare 

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great point. 

Yep in 17 we were down 3 with the ball and nine minutes left then we fumbled in our end zone and game was basically over — Milan cannot turn the ball over if they want any chance to win

also played them close in 18 — Alcoa will pound on you for four quarters that’s for sure

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I will be completely honest here. Peabody is very good. They have 4 coaches on staff with head coaching experience. 3 have been head coaches in semi final and championship games. One is a tssaa hall of famer and he isn’t even the head coach. Being the first game for Milan with a new coaching staff and not having any scrimmages really hurt us. They had the advantage no doubt. But we also had three current starters that didn’t play in that game that would be current qb Hayden Sullivan, we/db DJ Smith who will be playing on Saturday next year and running back Gy’derius Easley. Easley is a handful. With those three in the game and a few more weeks of prep I think that game is a different story. You can ask the tide coachT supporters and they will tell you they got Milan at the right time. 

Okay Bpm I respect your analysis but Peabody was the better team hands down.  The Easley kid di play.  It was our line play that won that game.  You did not have any lineman out.  Just saying.  We did get Milan at the right time, but it was everybody's 1st game.  I do believe it would be closer with Peabody still on top.  

Edited by Golddoctor

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Okay Bpm I respect your analysis but Peabody was the better team hands down.  The Easley kid di play.  It was our line play that won that game.  You did not have any lineman out.  Just saying

Easley played exactly 2 plays that game. True, our line play was a problem that game. Coach recognized and immediately corrected it. To my knowledge it hasn’t been a problem since. 

2 minutes ago, Milanfootballislife said:

Easley played exactly 2 plays that game. True, our line play was a problem that game. Coach recognized and immediately corrected it. To my knowledge it hasn’t been a problem since. 

okay I heard his name called more than twice. Just saying.  I am glad you guys are where you are.  I think we are 1 td better than Milan, not 3.  Good luck Friday.  Bring the gold back to Gibson County.  It can be done.  

We have a Easley on our team on Defense.  I heard Easley on Offense several times. That was quite confusing.  I wonder are those two kin.  Those Easley's are good athletes.

Edited by Golddoctor

3 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Okay Bpm I respect your analysis but Peabody was the better team hands down.  The Easley kid di play.  It was our line play that won that game.  You did not have any lineman out.  Just saying

I never said Peabody was as not the better team. They were the better team and I listed several reasons why. Easley played less than 5 snaps in that game so I should have been more specific. He is on the field every play now. Big difference. And yes line play won. A lot of that had to do with a veteran line returning and no live action or scrimmages for the team. And yes I know you didn’t have any either but when all of them have starting experience In the system under the current staff and we don’t that makes a huge difference.  Again Peabody was definitely the better team that night. Just listing my reasons why I’m my opinion.