Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

16 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Well if meigs wins how will they do it ? Throwing the ball or just running ground and pound or both ?  

Unless they’re behind and in desperation mode Meigs won’t throw 10 passes win or lose. I’d actually put the over under at 4 attempts if it’s a ballgame for 4 quarters and I’d probably take the under. They can kinda throw but they are not built for it or really like doing it IMO. They do run very well and the O line is the true star on that team. I could run for 100 behind that group lol. 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Unless they’re behind and in desperation mode Meigs won’t throw 10 passes win or lose. I’d actually put the over under at 4 attempts if it’s a ballgame for 4 quarters and I’d probably take the under. They can kinda throw but they are not built for it or really like doing it IMO. They do run very well and the O line is the true star on that team. I could run for 100 behind that group lol. 

Our biggest fan.:roflolk:

It is championship week. How AWESOME is this for both communities! I think this game shows the character of these players from both of these teams. People on here keep bringing up last year, but I am pretty sure both sides heard that they couldn't make it back to Cookeville because of what each team lost. THESE kids have put in the work on both sides and are here to prove people wrong. Both teams have great line play (the 2 best in 2A imo) which is what you need to be successful, hence they are playing for a state title. Which one is better, we will see at 3:00 on Saturday.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

It is championship week. How AWESOME is this for both communities! I think this game shows the character of these players from both of these teams. People on here keep bringing up last year, but I am pretty sure both sides heard that they couldn't make it back to Cookeville because of what each team lost. THESE kids have put in the work on both sides and are here to prove people wrong. Both teams have great line play (the 2 best in 2A imo) which is what you need to be successful, hence they are playing for a state title. Which one is better, we will see at 3:00 on Saturday.  

Good stuff.

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Our biggest fan.:roflolk:

And I’ve been saying y’all were better this year than last since the sweetwater game if you recall. Even with folks telling me I was crazy and didn’t know football including one of your coaches at the Oneida/Rockwood game. Your biggest fan? No. A foe? No to that one to. Fan or foe has no bearing on my assessment. I’m not making a prediction on outcome simply because I have not saw a single snap for Peabody that I can recall so I have no idea how good they actually are or how they match up with meigs. 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

And I’ve been saying y’all were better this year than last since the sweetwater game if you recall. Even with folks telling me I was crazy and didn’t know football including one of your coaches at the Oneida/Rockwood game. Your biggest fan? No. A foe? No to that one to. Fan or foe has no bearing on my assessment. I’m not making a prediction on outcome simply because I have not saw a single snap for Peabody that I can recall so I have no idea how good they actually are or how they match up with meigs. 

I been saying I thought we were better this year over last even preseason if you recall. Had a hard time convincing folks myself until midseason rolled around. 

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

We were actually ok. We played prevent mostly just allowing them to nickel and dime us on yards. It was effective though. We normally try for the int. But I guess in all honesty we weren't willing to give up the big play in the chance of an int. My only dislike of the last game for us is we didn't get first downs in the 4th quarter. Wouldn't have been close at the end with just a first down or 2. Many many drives we had 15 yards to go for a first down. TC had a really good defense and alot of times 15 yards on a defense like that is asking too much. Had it not been for all the penalties we would have had more success I believe. I also know your not trying to dog us man. I'm willing to have conversation with anyone respectful enough to wanna talk real football. But some of your posters are over the top. 

Im one of the over the top guys who actually to some degree agrees with you on this post.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Not every show bud. If yall don't like what I say I have to say it won't stop as long as the disrespect remarks of some of your posters don't stop coming. All I did was post also what I was told from one of your Peabody posters. Whether or not its true or not I dont know nor  do I really care. I enjoy good football talk but some of what were getting is not exactly good football talk so I can and will reply in kind. 

Nobody on this thread is doing or saying anything different that has been said all year and last year.  If you can't deal with fun sarcasm, trash talk, maybe you don't need to be on the T.  At no time have anybody disrespected a single kid on either team.  If someone says they are gonna punch us in the mouth, that's okay with us. Don't be so darn sensitive.  We have the right to disagree and agree and so do you.  

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Im one of the over the top guys who actually to some degree agrees with you on this post.

The TC #5 is one of the best in 2A really. It's not easy shutting down a player of his caliber. But in doing so we allowed for them to pass on us alot more than we would have liked.