Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

7 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

He's good but Peabody has seen this all year.  Good running backs still lose FB games.  That's on both sides.  Ill take our backs over him any day.  He is fast but he is not ganaway fast or Vaughn's vision.  You will soon see.  I jus wish the Meigs people would not take things so personnel.  It's just banter and its all for fun.  We have much respect for Meigs.  It's a rematch of different teams from last year.

And I and many others will take Meadows all day. See how long this goes on, I’ve read page after page about how every player we have is just incapable and it’s a miracle they’re even allowed on the field with you guys. Much respect for the Peabody program, can’t say the same for you fellers. 

7 minutes ago, TFLpride said:

Didn’t look so average in the first half. It’s substantial the adjustments that can be made at halftime when an offense runs the same two plays over and over again. We also forgot the big 30 yard loss on a busted play while meigs was once again driving in the second half or maybe there’s a different outcome to that game. Peabody won last year because of Dickson and their ability to put 11 players keying on Swafford. Peabody was the better team but let’s not just go out and pretend you guys dominated for 4 quarters 

+1 this year’s Meigs team is flat better than last year. Pulling for Meigs in this one. 

16 minutes ago, TFLpride said:

And I and many others will take Meadows all day. See how long this goes on, I’ve read page after page about how every player we have is just incapable and it’s a miracle they’re even allowed on the field with you guys. Much respect for the Peabody program, can’t say the same for you fellers. 

My opinion is different, Stopping Meadows will be a key factor for us to win. Giving different fronts and different defensive alignments to get back there to stop will be huge. We have some big guys on the D line but I don’t think we can just bull rush Meigs line because it’s pretty solid. We have to play our best for every quarter. Can’t be like last year and show up in the second half 

14 hours ago, Cashmeout said:

Ok. I had said I wasn’t going to the past but- been watching last years game over and over. But you guys graduated Dirksen and he saved your bacon  If he hadn’t played Meigs blows you out.  Without him you wouldn’t have been able to pound and wouldn’t have stopped us. 

U sound ridiculous 

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I have a seasons worth, but none uploaded. I do have 1 clip of our last game that the coaches probably wouldn't mind me showing. I put it online to show Meadows parents. It was awesome because after the run he was able to go hug his dad. It was special.

Which Middle School team is that on Defense? 

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Keep living off the shirt tails of last years team lol. Gonna be nice knowing the reason you aren't playing up to 2A is because your coaches know there will be a talent drop the next few years. One of your faithful told me that himself. Also if you can't post with your main account don't even bother trying to get me to respond. I wont waste my time with a closet fan again. 

Talent drop? Wow your clueless. Your source must be an idiot.... so Peabody walks it’s way to another 2A championship and suddenly thinks that teams like Meigs are too much to handle and drops to 1A. It’s called school enrollment not choice. 

9 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Meigs held their on last year against Peabody. I am pretty sure we held you guys to your lowest point total of the year and that is even after giving you that last TD because we had to go for it on 4th down on our 5 yard line or so with around a little over a minute to go in the game.

That first half we had your QB running around overthrowing passes, receivers dropping passes, and our guys were making plays.

Give Peabody the advantage. Second half big JD ran all over us.  Your line dominated us. We came out out cold and had a couple 3 and outs and couldn't even get a first down. 

The second half of the state championship game last year looked a lot like the 4th quarter of the TC game the other night.

It’s called adjustments by excellent coaches. Meigs didn’t come out “cold” they just got they butts whooped! 

2 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

My opinion is different, Stopping Meadows will be a key factor for us to win. Giving different fronts and different defensive alignments to get back there to stop will be huge. We have some big guys on the D line but I don’t think we can just bull rush Meigs line because it’s pretty solid. We have to play our best for every quarter. Can’t be like last year and show up in the second half 

Go ahead and put 100% focus on Meadows and see where that gets you.  This Meigs team isn’t as much of a one man show as last year.  

6 hours ago, crow said:

Unless they’re behind and in desperation mode Meigs won’t throw 10 passes win or lose. I’d actually put the over under at 4 attempts if it’s a ballgame for 4 quarters and I’d probably take the under. They can kinda throw but they are not built for it or really like doing it IMO. They do run very well and the O line is the true star on that team. I could run for 100 behind that group lol. 

That being said....

Meigs ends game 8 of 24 66 yards 2 INTs

no one is running on Peabody! 

24 minutes ago, 3Peat181920 said:

Talent drop? Wow your clueless. Your source must be an idiot.... so Peabody walks it’s way to another 2A championship and suddenly thinks that teams like Meigs are too much to handle and drops to 1A. It’s called school enrollment not choice. 

18 minutes ago, 3Peat181920 said:

It’s called adjustments by excellent coaches. Meigs didn’t come out “cold” they just got they butts whooped! 

4 minutes ago, 3Peat181920 said:

That being said....

Meigs ends game 8 of 24 66 yards 2 INTs

no one is running on Peabody! 

I would bet one million dollars that you’re a freshman on Peabody’s football team, and a couple of the starters are telling you what to say on here. 

Edited by ElGoat