Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

On 11/28/2020 at 12:46 AM, Tide21 said:

I’m wondering myself. Would be awesome if they did 

Nope, Alcoa would beat Meigs by as much as they wanted.  I am pulling for Meigs in this game, and have watched several of their games live stream.  I have also watched several Alcoa games.  Alcoa is that good.  I am going to watch a replay of Peabody, but after watching Meigs play TC, I am afraid it could be a repeat of last year.

15 minutes ago, 3Peat181920 said:

So Peabody’s OL/DL lines aren’t active? 
Let me know who you have in tonight’s MNF game.. I’ll take the opposite! 

Peabody 29-20 and that’s being nice. 

again just an opinion, Im not saying peabody up front is bad and not active lol just think that MC up front is better. No dog in race so noone needs to get angry, should be a better game than last year. 

26 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Me and you could argue for days. Not saying your right or wrong everyone has their opinion about a team but can you tell me how Peabody has better skill players than Meigs????

I’m all ears bud.

I don't think we're outmatched at any position. I read they don't play anyone both ways and we sometimes do. I don't think it will matter enough to make a difference though.

I am a huge Peabody fan.  Watch them live stream every Friday.  I have watched Meigs.  

Offensively Meigs is simple.  Line up behind your big O line and run.  Result: Peabody D line vs Meigs O line. It’s that simple. Meigs is more versatile this year in that they have 2 kids that run not just Swafford.  

Offensively Peabody more versatile: Ganaway great but holes for him will have to be sizable in that he can be tackled by reaching arms.  Vaughan is a beast but not a whole lot of reps this year at RB plus we desperately need his energy on defense.  We need to throw but it needs to e down hill meaning 50 yd line down and post patterns not in the flats.  Driggers will be a great QB but he’s a sophomore and his decisions concern me.  
‘Meigs kick offs are short.  Peabody could run one back.  Peabody kicks deep.

Rainy weather an advantage for Meigs with their style of play.  

This game will be determined by who has the least turnovers.  

37 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Nope, Alcoa would beat Meigs by as much as they wanted.  I am pulling for Meigs in this game, and have watched several of their games live stream.  I have also watched several Alcoa games.  Alcoa is that good.  I am going to watch a replay of Peabody, but after watching Meigs play TC, I am afraid it could be a repeat of last year.

I think you’re  confused :roll:

Edited by vandyfan1

1 minute ago, Chazmo said:

I am a huge Peabody fan.  Watch them live stream every Friday.  I have watched Meigs.  

Offensively Meigs is simple.  Line up behind your big O line and run.  Result: Peabody D line vs Meigs O line. It’s that simple. Meigs is more versatile this year in that they have 2 kids that run not just Swafford.  

Offensively Peabody more versatile: Ganaway great but holes for him will have to be sizable in that he can be tackled by reaching arms.  Vaughan is a beast but not a whole lot of reps this year at RB plus we desperately need his energy on defense.  We need to throw but it needs to e down hill meaning 50 yd line down and post patterns not in the flats.  Driggers will be a great QB but he’s a sophomore and his decisions concern me.  

Awesome post man I think you hit the nail on the head for the most part. Meigs seniors will lead them to a gold ball this year. If Peabody sophomores were seniors :shock: I would feel sorry for whoever they would be playing. Peabody will be extremely good the next two year only bad thing is SP will be loaded next year and will dominate whoever they play in 1A and that’s even in the the championship next year. A 1A team that will have 3 D1 caliber players next year is almost unheard of. 

19 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I don't think we're outmatched at any position. I read they don't play anyone both ways and we sometimes do. I don't think it will matter enough to make a difference though.

They have a big squad and they subbed a lot. I think y’all will be fine if you go and play ball like you did against SP.

11 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Awesome post man I think you hit the nail on the head for the most part. Meigs seniors will lead them to a gold ball this year. If Peabody sophomores were seniors :shock: I would feel sorry for whoever they would be playing. Peabody will be extremely good the next two year only bad thing is SP will be loaded next year and will dominate whoever they play in 1A and that’s even in the the championship next year. A 1A team that will have 3 D1 caliber players next year is almost unheard of. 

I think Trenton has two with D1 offers one to Minnesota and the other to Miami Ohio. I may be wrong. Should be a good matchup in the upcoming years.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

No one mentioned meigs playing or beating Alcoa. We were talking about the Alcoa Milan game 

24 minutes ago, Chazmo said:

Not good to have a bad kicker against Peabody. Meigs will have to shorten the game to beat Peabody much like McKenzie did a couple of weeks ago. They will need long drives and obviously squib kicks to keep Peabody from starting at midfield. Really think this will be a war and I am giving Peabody a slight edge in this one. 21-14 Peabody. Peabody needs to open it up and put the ball in the air and have several plays to Ganaway (18) much like the Milan game plan. Thought Peabody got real conservative against McKenzie. They play real conservative against Meigs it is advantage to Meigs, IMO. Peabody is a big play team and needs to have a couple of big play TD’s.