Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

11 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Looks like we are gonna have two good O lines playing Saturday.  Our D Line is King on our team.  That means our D against Meigs O.  Could make for a classic.

Offensively they are much more dynamic than last year. They’ll likely score a fair bit I would expect. Haven’t saw Peabody this year so I won’t venture to guess how the two match up this year. 

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I was under the impression they were throwing more this year. I did notice they only threw twice against tc 

I have saw them multiple times on film. If they’re throwing more it’s not in the games I watched. It’s not what they wanna do for sure. Got a couple of talented receivers that can climb the ladder and get the 50/50 balls but I haven’t saw them truly make a living with the pass, haven’t had to thus far. 

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I was under the impression they were throwing more this year. I did notice they only threw twice against tc 

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Last years team was about Swafford and I thought that was a mistake.  Im sure you guys will be harder to defend because of what I have seen on film.  Im just glad that Peabody has played against several teams with different offenses.  It prepares us for anything.  I dont think you all will consistently run it down or throats.  I could be wrong but I dont think so.  Looks like number 2 can sling it also.  That may be the ace in the hole for yall this year.  Id like to say good luck but I dont want to give you something you dont need.  Lets play ball

We pass if we need too or if a team tries to key on a certain player we make them pay for it best we can. Our qb has a good arm and pretty accurate. He's killed teams with his legs though. Exceeded most expectations including my own. He is a hard runner.

6 minutes ago, JesusLovesYou said:

peabody is a great team. we (meigs) shot our selves in the foot too many times against tc or we win that game by at least 2 scores. but we didnt so gotta clean up the false starts. gonna be a cold one on saturday. at least i wont have to watch my vols. go tigers

Jesus Loves You

Cold I can handle, but the rain I hope it passes on through.

2 hours ago, crow said:

Unless they’re behind and in desperation mode Meigs won’t throw 10 passes win or lose. I’d actually put the over under at 4 attempts if it’s a ballgame for 4 quarters and I’d probably take the under. They can kinda throw but they are not built for it or really like doing it IMO. They do run very well and the O line is the true star on that team. I could run for 100 behind that group lol. 

True