Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

Good AM. Meigs County players I'm sure are some of the nicest young men, who have worked hard and I am sure are going to perform there best today, just like Peabody's players. Meigs players can't help their coaches schedule them cupcakes year in and out that don't prepare them for this game. Come on over to Athens, McMinn would love to give you a "L" in 2021. It will soften the blow before you experience your first one in Cookeville like you will this year. 

3 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

Good AM. Meigs County players I'm sure are some of the nicest young men, who have worked hard and I am sure are going to perform there best today, just like Peabody's players. Meigs players can't help their coaches schedule them cupcakes year in and out that don't prepare them for this game. Come on over to Athens, McMinn would love to give you a "L" in 2021. It will soften the blow before you experience your first one in Cookeville like you will this year. 

We will be fine lol.

Last year Dickson bulldozed the Tide to victory in the 2nd Half. If Meigs can get a hat on RB Ganoway  they will have a shot. Do think Peabody will have to get the ball to both Ganoway’s in the open field in some facet. Peabody has the same game plan they did against McKenzie they lose by two scores, IMO. That kind of game plan is what Meigs wants, IMO, a two yards and a cloud of dust type game. Peabody has to keep Meigs guessing much like the second half game plan against Milan using the WR Ganoway early and often. All depends on what kind of game plan we will see by Peabody on the offensive side of the ball. They will have problems if they try to run over Meigs.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Igotthis said:

Likewise. And thx for the compliment.  By the way. Your track record has been flawed for sometime now.  Vegas would love you.  

Ha yea right! My picks against Peabody you know nothing about. I am a huge Peabody fan. I pick against them as an inside joke that some of them get but you don’t. But the ones that know me know that I’m picking Meigs this time. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think so. Get out of here with your crap :roflol:

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Last year Dickson bulldozed the Tide to victory in the 2nd Half. If Meigs can get a hat on RB Ganoway  they will have a shot. Do think Peabody will have to get the ball to both Ganoway’s in the open field in some facet. Peabody has the same game plan they did against McKenzie they lose by two scores, IMO. That kind of game plan is what Meigs wants, IMO, a two yards and a cloud of dust type game. Peabody has to keep Meigs guessing much like the second half game plan against Milan using the WR Ganoway early and often. All depends on what kind of game plan we will see by Peabody on the offensive side of the ball. They will have problems if they try to run over Meigs.

That’s a good post and I also think it could be said about Meigs also. They too need to mix it up. I’m very excited about this game and could possibly be a nail bitter like the SP/City game.

12 hours ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

I truly wish Meigs would play McMinn in football. It would be a quality game (loss) for Meigs, an easy non-region win for the Cherokees, maybe like between two big region games. Kind of like an SEC school playing UTC & it would be a good gate if Covid gets better. Be a good chance for Meigs players to experience what it's like to play on the big stage. 

Yeah McMinn schedules all those challenging non-region games.....Central, Sequoyah, Notre Dame, Bearden. Same McMinn that appealed to play down to 5A this year and failed. Same McMinn where the school board that forces Central to continually play despite only 5 wins in like 55 years........Be different if the Cherokees actually played a tough schedule but they did not.......Only teams they played all year that were good were Bradley and Maryville..

You were not going to beat DB or Maryville much less Oakland anyways....Should have contact traced when you were suppose to.

In fact there are there are 3- 3A teams on McMinn's schedule in 2021.....McMinn don't want no part of Meigs.....They scrimmaged in the fall up to a couple of years ago..did not work out for the Cherokees.

32 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

That’s a good post and I also think it could be said about Meigs also. They too need to mix it up. I’m very excited about this game and could possibly be a nail bitter like the SP/City game.

The Meigs RB has what 31 TD’s and 1800 yards and Peabody’s with something like 27 TD’s and close to 1600 yards?? Two big time players obviously. I agree both teams are really good and will likely come down to TO’s, special teams and big plays. Good luck to both teams.