1A 2021

lakecounty1968

9 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Fayetteville  had said that they were missing players against Marion 

I believe they had a couple linemen that didn’t play because of eligibility. We lost a starting lineman during that game as well. Marion won that game in the trenches and any Fayetteville fan that was there will say the same. Also we were faster than them. Had 1 TD on a kickoff called back as well. We handled the freshman rb that night. They had another rb (I believe was #7) that was the better rb honestly. If I'm not mistaken he was hurt and didn't play in the title game. Teams get better as the season goes on for sure and that was evident with Fayetteville. They deserved that championship because they were the better team that day.

16 minutes ago, rlh said:

At times he did especially after Stone was out of there.    However, their defensive play kept them in the game.  Without him, they would have been toast.  Frankly, if they were that good, they would have beat Jasper and Gordy earlier in the year.  They struggled twice with a Huntland team that shut the freshman down. 

We lost 20+ seniors from the 2019 team and most of the starters for 2020 saw their first varsity action ever against Marion. We were missing 7 starters against Gordy. No argument for the Huntland games.

Also, KJ is great but we are not a 1 player team. Lots of other guys made big plays for us all year including title game. We have 2 other RBs that I would consider elite and closed out the Moore Co and Lake Co playoff games for us. 

1 minute ago, PurplePower68 said:

I believe they had a couple linemen that didn’t play because of eligibility. We lost a starting lineman during that game as well. Marion won that game in the trenches and any Fayetteville fan that was there will say the same. Also we were faster than them. Had 1 TD on a kickoff called back as well. We handled the freshman rb that night. They had another rb (I believe was #7) that was the better rb honestly. If I'm not mistaken he was hurt and didn't play in the title game. Teams get better as the season goes on for sure and that was evident with Fayetteville. They deserved that championship because they were the better team that day.

I can’t say much about marions game. I just know the Fayetteville guys were saying they were missing players 

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We weren't talking about who deserved to win.  They still struggled with a Huntland team, twice. If Huntland was able to shut down a freshmen, our coaches missed something.

Just now, Tide21 said:

I can’t say much about marions game. I just know the Fayetteville guys were saying they were missing players 

We installed a new offense on Monday of that week and really didn't have it down pat. It's a mute point really. Can't always compare against other teams. Sp had a very good team and I felt they would win that game to be honest. 

I was surprised (and ecstatic)

3 minutes ago, rlh said:

We weren't talking about who deserved to win.  They still struggled with a Huntland team, twice. If Huntland was able to shut down a freshmen, our coaches missed something.

The post was about Fayetteville missing players and I alluded to that. Our game was brought up and I explained how Marion won their game with Fayetteville. Too many locals thought because we beat them that sp would walk all over them. 

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Marion Co was the better team in week 1. MC did have a lightning fast RB. We did a lot of growing up and getting better between week 1 and title game. I think we were playing our best at the end.

You are right about RB getting hurt in the semis. He is a really tough guy. I think he dressed and tried to play in the title game, but he was still hurt. 

1 minute ago, Richmond30 said:

Marion Co was the better team in week 1. MC did have a lightning fast RB. We did a lot of growing up and getting better between week 1 and title game. I think we were playing our best at the end.

You are right about RB getting hurt in the semis. He is a really tough guy. I think he dressed and tried to play in the title game, but he was still hurt. 

You were definitely clicking at the end of the season. Wasn't that rb a junior?