2A 2021

ChineseFlu

1 hour ago, Bushog02 said:

Really don’t know many teams out west. I know Peabody dropped to 1A , Wavely moved up 3A , Huntingdon now in 2A couple other teams like Union City, Adamsville and Memphis teams. So what teams out west to look for next year 

Marion has as good of a chance as anyone in 2A. The 2 best teams in 2A dropped down paving the way for someone in the east to have a chance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Really don’t know many teams out west. I know Peabody dropped to 1A , Wavely moved up 3A , Huntingdon now in 2A couple other teams like Union City, Adamsville and Memphis teams. So what teams out west to look for next year 

I too am much more familiar with the East. I was basing my statement on Peabody moving down mostly. Other than them, the west has seemed to be quite competitive. I believe Meigs, Marion, TC, Watertown, Oneida, Tyner, South Green and Hampton could be players with Marion and Meigs leaders in the clubhouse. Not sure about Bledsoe. I know they graduated a lot.  Add York and Monterey moving down and up respectively and it makes for what I see as a fun, competitive 2021. In saying that, I am sure three or four will separate themselves during the season. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

54 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I too am much more familiar with the East. I was basing my statement on Peabody moving down mostly. Other than them, the west has seemed to be quite competitive. I believe Meigs, Marion, TC, Watertown, Oneida, Tyner, South Green and Hampton could be players with Marion and Meigs leaders in the clubhouse. Not sure about Bledsoe. I know they graduated a lot.  Add York and Monterey moving down and up respectively and it makes for what I see as a fun, competitive 2021. In saying that, I am sure three or four will separate themselves during the season. 

Forgot about Monterey, they r bring a lot back from this year, Bledsoe is still going be strong. Tyner the dark horse if they get the right coach and South Green will be someone to watch with their quarterback. Meigs still at the top out of the east till someone knocks them out. TC and Watertown r in the mix too

6 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Forgot about Monterey, they r bring a lot back from this year, Bledsoe is still going be strong. Tyner the dark horse if they get the right coach and South Green will be someone to watch with their quarterback. Meigs still at the top out of the east till someone knocks them out. TC and Watertown r in the mix too

Wish my Indians were in this mix.  Gonna be a dogfight.   Looks like TC loses a ton!  Still good but not enough to win it.  Water loses a lot but I think Watertown finally gets the better of TC this year.  

Bledsoe loses the bigs up front. Got some skill guys but will be difficult without all this big boys up front.   Tyner is always a factor..Who is the coach? How much talent they lose? How much talent in the wings?

I think Meigs gets Bledsoe at home and travels to Marion. What about tyner vs Meigs. Big game there.   

Marion is young but they lost a lot. They are excited at Marion BUT  Players like Gurevra,Anthony,cannon,Wilson,ezell,Kirk,Nunez,Tillman,jolly and Logan.. all seniors correct?  That's  a lot. Plus that young talent haven't been in the big games yet and learned how to win in big pressure games. Which bring me to Meigs!   

Meigs has been there and done that recently. They lost their 2 best lineman but have some top young lineman I hear. They return their QB who is real good and both starting WR which are college potential players.

On defense is where it's at for Meigs. Returning a ton from a expierenced and talented group. All STATE and all DISTRICT players like Smith, Key, Pendergrass, Tatum to name a few. With that being said I'm thinking that Meigs has the slight advantage. They gotta get to work but they have a good coaching staff and lots of returning expierenced big game talent.. JMO. Others?  Thoughts? Opinions?

17 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

And I have to say not much knowledge on Hampton or South green. Meigs has kicked the crap out of south green lately and Hampton played with Meigs for a bit.  No clue what they have coming back. Either one

27 minutes ago, pujo said:

Hampton will be improved.  

Well if that's the case they might be a player.  Especially with region 1 hosting the semifinals this season. I recall Hampton hanging with Meigs.  Then the following week Meigs hammered a undefeated South green team that had beat Hampton in the closing seconds. Anyone know about these 2? Others?

38 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Wish my Indians were in this mix.  Gonna be a dogfight.   Looks like TC loses a ton!  Still good but not enough to win it.  Water loses a lot but I think Watertown finally gets the better of TC this year.  

Bledsoe loses the bigs up front. Got some skill guys but will be difficult without all this big boys up front.   Tyner is always a factor..Who is the coach? How much talent they lose? How much talent in the wings?

I think Meigs gets Bledsoe at home and travels to Marion. What about tyner vs Meigs. Big game there.   

Marion is young but they lost a lot. They are excited at Marion BUT  Players like Gurevra,Anthony,cannon,Wilson,ezell,Kirk,Nunez,Tillman,jolly and Logan.. all seniors correct?  That's  a lot. Plus that young talent haven't been in the big games yet and learned how to win in big pressure games. Which bring me to Meigs!   

Meigs has been there and done that recently. They lost their 2 best lineman but have some top young lineman I hear. They return their QB who is real good and both starting WR which are college potential players.

On defense is where it's at for Meigs. Returning a ton from a expierenced and talented group. All STATE and all DISTRICT players like Smith, Key, Pendergrass, Tatum to name a few. With that being said I'm thinking that Meigs has the slight advantage. They gotta get to work but they have a good coaching staff and lots of returning expierenced big game talent.. JMO. Others?  Thoughts? Opinions?

Marion will be senior loaded next year, the seniors this year played just 3 r 4 were on the field but by the end of the season they were in and out with junior and sophomore. All 3 running backs will be back next year 

17 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Well if that's the case they might be a player.  Especially with region 1 hosting the semifinals this season. I recall Hampton hanging with Meigs.  Then the following week Meigs hammered a undefeated South green team that had beat Hampton in the closing seconds. Anyone know about these 2? Others?

South Green got a stud at quarterback 

3 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Marion will be senior loaded next year, the seniors this year played just 3 r 4 were on the field but by the end of the season they were in and out with junior and sophomore. All 3 running backs will be back next year 

Really?  Guevara, Nunez? Tillman? Lagan?  I was told they were in a lot for the Marion backfield and rushing attack?